Property Reporter - Part Time
The Property Reporter will work three days per week, alongside the Property Editor to produce the weekly Property supplement. You will be responsible for producing engaging property content for multiple channels, primarily digital and print.
This is an unusual but highly rewarding job: its wide-ranging remit will suit a versatile journalist who can write consumer-oriented pieces, as well as longer features and lifestyle content.
- Help with production of the Property supplement
- Come up with exclusive and original feature ideas, and developing creative ways to present them
- Writing regularly for the Property supplement and online
- Produce engaging online content, including maps and data stories
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts
- Develop a deep knowledge of the subject, including estate agents. property prices, stamp duty and planning law
- Spot potential stories or digital projects from raw data, case studies or news
- Monitoring reader correspondence via email, story comments, post and social - and use this as a prompt for idea generation
- Opportunity to deputise for the Property Editor in their absence.
Essential skills required for the role
- Journalistic experience at a newspaper, newswire or digital environment
- The ability to produce clean copy and write features with flair
- Confidence and creativity with headlines, standfirst, pictures, graphics
- The capability to work at their best when under pressure and juggling multiple tasks
- A good understanding of the Telegraph voice and what matters to readers on different platforms, alongside an understanding of the property market
- Understanding of digital optimisation of content, including social media and SEO.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience editing copy
- Knowledge of InCopy and/or InDesign
- Numerical literacy and the ability to spot stories within raw numbers.
Click 'Apply' now.