Senior Manager, ESG Advisory & Sustainable Finance - Flexible & Hybrid working, Returners
Senior Manager, ESG Advisory & Sustainable Finance – Insurance, Sustainability, Risk Advisory, UK Wide
Are you an experienced Sustainable Finance professional from a consultancy background looking to use your skills to solve the biggest problem of our generation?
Then we are looking for you! Our growing Sustainable Finance practice is looking for additional management resource in our Insurance sector; an integral component of our ability to meet client demand and deliver differentiated services to our clients.
Working within Sustainability (a practice that operates as part of Deloitte's Risk Advisory service line), this role will provide additional depth to complement our sustainability specialists in addition to bringing additional breadth to our capabilities.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills,and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We support a wide range of UK and global clients on their most pressing sustainability challenges and opportunities through a spectrum of offerings ranging from strategy design to independent assurance.
As a Senior Manager within Sustainable Finance, you will have responsibility for:
- Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of the insurance sector sustainability landscape to act as a ‘trusted advisor’ to client stakeholders.
- Delivering market shaping outcomes for our clients across our suite of sustainable finance propositions and offerings.
- Acting in the capacity of ‘engagement manager’, taking ownership for all aspects of engagement pursuit and delivery from pitching, scoping, programme and team selection through to delivery, risk and quality management and budgetary control.
- Holding and continuing to develop fluent knowledge of sustainable finance practices in the insurance sector (life and non-life), market developments, regulatory requirements and the competitive landscape.
- Educating and advising both internal and external stakeholders on sustainable finance in
- Providing leadership to junior team members and associate resources.
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the firm and acting as a member of the sustainable finance leadership team.
- Broadening relationships beyond insurance clients and working alongside others on all sustainability matters and industries as the team continues to grow.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: UK wide
Suggested work pattern: Permanent
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Extensive experience within related disciplines
- Experience in professional services / consultancy in an ‘engagement manager’ capacity.
- Evidence of operating at a senior level with strong industry understanding of insurance, particularly consumer/general insurance
- Understanding of ESG issues considered material to financial services
- Understanding of related sustainability directives and regulations i.e. prudential regulations and supervision (ie SS/319), climate stress tests, TCFD, TNFD, EIOPA recommendations, ESG in Solvency II/ORSAs.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Experience working with insurers on one or all of: non-financial impact measurement methodologies; climate-related risk management; ESG due diligence; integrated ESG risk management; ESG strategies and transition plans; stewardship; product labelling; regulatory preparedness studies; ESG underwriting frameworks; or ESG investment frameworks.
- Evidence of client networking success, proven track record in business development and pipeline building
- A high aptitude for identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Experience managing others and supporting/mentoring team members.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, You'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application