Finance Assistant, part time - 4 days per week, hybrid options
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Finance Team. The Finance Assistant role brings with it a lot of variety and opportunity to interact at all levels of the business. This is a vital role within the Finance Department.
This is a 4 day a week role based in Belfast. We offer flexible working which can be either fully remote or a hybrid working arrangement.
Firefly Learning is the edtech company at the heart of student motivation, parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by over 900 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries.
We want to work with someone who... ...is confident working to deadlines. Alongside this you will also need to be able to demonstrate the following skill sets and behaviours:
- Willing to learn new systems and adapt to changing working practices
- Good MS Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Building relationships at all levels
- Flexible can do attitude
- Immediately available candidates who are keen to learn and progress will be of particular interest.
Day to day activities will include:
- Raising sales ledger invoices.
- Posting receipts in the ledger.
- Resolving customer account queries with the customer and Account Manager.
- Assisting the Financial Controller / Head of Finance with credit control.
- Recording purchase invoices in multiple currencies in Xero and matching to correct cost centres.
- Creating supplier accounts and updating the accounting system with supplier information changes on a timely basis.
- Submitting invoices for approval and proactively tracking the approval stages.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Resolving Queries with External Suppliers & Internal Buyers.
- Preparing monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Extracting bank and credit card statements and uploading them to Xero.
- Preparing and submitting BACS payment to suppliers.
- Responsible for the training of new joiners in the use of the company’s finance software.
- To support the Financial Controller through the provision of timely and accurate financial reports including month end reconciliations.
- Preparation of ad hoc reports.
- Assisting the team during Year End and annual audit.
- £20,000 pro rata (£16,000 actual for 4 days)
- 20 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- 4% matched pension contributions
- Flexible yearly training budget
- Flexible working options (including home working)
If this sounds like the role for you, please click "APPLY" to make your application.
Firefly Learning is the ed-tech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by over 900 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. After raising the largest Series A in UK edtech of £4.5m in 2017, we closed a further £5.5m equity round in January 2019 and are proudly backed by BGF, Downing Ventures, and Beringea. With 1.2 billion primary and secondary school students in the world, we are passionate about supercharging the school experience to help as many of them as possible fulfil their potential.