Enterprise Adviser - putting your strategic experience into action in a local school
Enterprise Adviser – putting your strategic experience into action in a local school
- 2 hours per month over the course of an academic year
CIPD is the professional body for experts in people at work. For more than 100 years we have been championing better work and working lives by setting professional standards for HR and people development, as well as driving positive change in the world of work.
We know that providing effective careers information in schools make a real difference to young people’s understanding and approach to their future careers. We are working with the Careers and Enterprise Company, recruiting Enterprise Advisers to bridge the gap between education and employment in secondary schools across England.
As an Enterprise Adviser you’ll use your strategic skills and career experience, working with schools to get young people work ready.
You’ll do this by using your experience and skills to develop, shape and add value to a school’s strategic careers plan and careers programme. You’ll work with the school to develop a good understanding of local employer networks and support the development of ongoing relationships with local employers.
We are looking for business professionals from any sector or professional background who want the opportunity to put their own strategic skillset into practice and at the same time help schools to be able to best engage their young people to the limitless and exciting future career possibilities on offer.
We are looking for:
- Experienced professionals (from any sector) able to influence and develop strategic initiatives
- Individuals comfortable working with a school’s leadership team
- Ability to provide pro-bono support for around 2 hours per month over the course of an academic year (some of the work can be done remotely).
How you will benefit:
- The opportunity to work at a strategic level with a school’s leadership team developing career education plans and shaping how schools are educating young people about future career possibilities.
- The ability to put into practice your own strategic skillset as valuable continuous professional development.
- The chance to improve your skills in relationship management, analytical thinking, strategic planning and communication.
- Networking opportunities with schools, colleges and other local professionals.
- The ability to provide insight into your organisation and industry to attract the workforce of the future.
- The chance to give back to your local community.
Ready to find out more?
Register your interest by clicking the "APPLY" button and complete a short form and we will be in touch with more information.