Part Time Finance Director
Part Time Finance Director with Manufacturing Expertise
??(phone number removed) Pro Rata + benefits
3 to 4 days per week
Working in close partnership with Seymour John, our client operates two Companies whose activities comprise design, fabrication, build/installation and hire. Clients are typically local councils, private estates, or framework generated business through the likes of the Forestry Commission Scotland or Historic Rail England. They've experienced tremendous successes in developing the business, predominantly organically, but also via acquisition. Since March 2019 they have grown annual revenues from ??3m to ??13m with close to 10% profit. They have won numerous awards, most recently, Shropshire Chamber of Commerce Award for Manufacturing and Engineering, and now employ 95 staff. They currently do not need to rely on external finance of any kind and are keen to keep it that way. They understand family values well and can offer empathy and flexibility where required, but definitely require someone today who'd be excited in helping to deliver the ambitions of the business with a determination to overcome the challenges of rapid growth.
* Working closely with the Owners and Board as part of the top Leadership Team
* Strategic and operational support to the Board and the Heads of Function who cover Engineering, Projects, Sites, Sales, Commercial and Production. This will take place in monthly meetings and ad hoc in the natural course of working together.
* Support the Owners in stepping back and the Heads of Function in stepping up, educating them around financial and commercial implications of the decisions they take.
* Coach and develop the new Head of Finance to excel in their role.
* Lead on IT systems and proactively address the business's future requirements.
* With the Head of Finance develop accurate, timely, MI and forecasting to guide responsive decision making.
* Oversight on cash management, cost control and planning in a rapidly growing business.
* Whilst expert in design, build and installation, the company's recently acquired fabrication facility is nearly 2 hours away in Wigan. As more work is driven through this production facility the risk increases around understanding and managing costs and Work in Progress effectively. An FD with strong experience in the cost and WIP management of a manufacturing business could add a lot of value.
* Steer improvement of business and financial controls where appropriate.
* Oversight of statutory accounts preparation and external audit process in future years.
* Open to discussions around you taking top level ownership of IT, HR and Procurement if you have the aptitude and desire to do so.
* Regular travel to satellite fabrication business employing 30 people in Wigan.
If you have the required experience, combined with a genuine desire to engage deeply with the business and it's people to support their success, please apply to Phil Topper at Seymour John Recruitment Ltd