Part time Finance Director
Our client is a privately owned logistics solutions company, recently established in the UK and set to expand. Due to the Company’s rapid growth there is now a requirement for a qualified (ACCA or CIMA) Finance Director to review and set up the financial structuring of the group, contribute to the formulation and execution of the businesses’ strategy and manage all associated financial services and support to each company within the group.
This is both a strategic and ‘hands on’ position. The Finance Director will need to be able to assess the global landscape and anticipate business requirements in order to develop the associated Financial strategies and plans.
From a ‘hands on’ perspective this role is responsible for establishing the financial and reporting framework for each business and associated processes, policies and procedures. Developing a robust and scalable approach to the financial performance management of the business will also be key.
There is also a requirement to provide advice and support around personal finances in relation to the business requirements to the CEO who is a HNWI and owns this organisation.
This role requires someone who has a 'can do' attitude, is detail conscious and can work well on a stand-alone basis, providing financial consultancy to each area of the business.
Candidates will have:
- A track record of success in building effective working relationships within a culturally diverse organization. International experience is desirable.
- Experience of establishing the Finance function within a startup and/or developing a global business
- Strong analytics skills and strategic thinking to support investment and strategic business decisions
- Strong commercial awareness and be comfortable with the dynamics of a small, fast growing business
- Effective communication skills in all disciplines including written, oral, email and presentation
- Excellent financial modelling and MS Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of tax and accounting law, both UK and international
Location: South West London
Salary: to £95K FTE
Flexibility: around 30 hours a week