Head of HR, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
Head of HR, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Client Site Central London
Days: 3 days per week or 22.5 hours
Bradfield Group is a leading brand in the provision of CIPD training, HR services and HR Consultancy and with a reputation for the quality of its solutions. It is the oldest established private provider of CIPD qualifications. Its vision is to be recognised in all its operational territories as a primary resource for HR expertise.
Outsourced HR Services and Consultancy Division
The division is focussed on the servicing of outsourcing contracts and HR projects. There are plans to maintain and grow the current clients as well as to add some clients to the current list. Currently there 7 consultants working on a variety of projects and on clients’ sites.
To deliver effective HR services and advice to outsourced HR clients. Initially to be based at one client for a medium term (1 to 2 years) and could be moved to another location. To work with the client to deliver and manage both operational and strategic HR.
- To deliver strategic HR in line with the Company business plan. Looking at initiatives and process relating to people that will make the business more smooth running.
- To manage and undertake a range of HR work in line with customer needs and plans, covering:
- Recruitment, employee relations, performance management, absence management, payroll, benefits, pensions, staff engagement, organisational development, training, health & safety and HR systems.
- To deliver and advice on complex issues relating to the above.
- Advice and implementation of restructures, TUPE matters and compromise agreements as required by the client.
- Being involved with change management projects such as organisational restructures, redundancies and cultural shifts.
- Advice and work with the legal team with regard to employment tribunals.
- Manage the HR across multiple sites.
- Management of HR Manager, Training Manager, Payroll Administrator and HR Intern.
- To negotiate and manage relations with the union.
- Challenging the status quo, suggesting and devising initiatives for improvement.
- To build relationships with client, particularly Senior Managers, and develop the account.
- Assisting with the integration of newly acquired businesses from carrying out due diligence to identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- To keep up to date with the latest issues in HR and Employment Law in order that Bradfield is able to demonstrate best practice at all times.
- Attend Bradfield Management Meetings Quarterly and Outsourcing group Meetings
- To undertake any other projects and tasks as may reasonably be required.
The HR Managers’ position interacts with the following people and roles:
- Clients and their internal customers/employees/stakeholders
- Bradfield team
- Must be a graduate.
- Associate Member of the CIPD or degree in HR.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- In depth experience of HR at operational and strategic level gained across a variety of sectors.
- Experience of working with a variety of senior management teams and with the ability to demonstrate immediate expertise and credibility, as well as challenging where necessary.
- A proven track record of successfully leading and developing people and divisions/ departments.
- The ability to work both strategically and operationally depending on the need of the client.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Have an excellent understanding of employment law and best practice with proven experience of providing objective and constructive advice on all generalist HR topics.
- Must possess excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
- Must be able to prioritise tasks and work to tight multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Must be pragmatic in approach and possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Must be computer literate, with good practical knowledge of MS Office applications including Word Excel and PowerPoint and a familiarity with HR Information Systems.
- Good cultural and commercial awareness essential.
- Ability to deliver high level and complex projects.
- A commercial outlook to and the ability to develop and grow existing business and secure new business.
- Flexible to work additional hours if required by the client.
Valid passport with no restrictions on travel
Pro rata to 3 days: 28 days holiday per year including public holidays rising to 33 days with each completed annual leave year and an additional 3 days at Christmas. BUPA dental cover as well as stakeholder pension scheme.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role, via the below method.