HR Associate Global Marketing & Functions - Open to flexible working
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. People are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
Earlier this year, we announced that GSK Consumer Healthcare will be named Haleon, expected to be a world-leader in consumer healthcare, offering the prospect of attractive organic sales growth, operating margin expansion and consistent high cash generation.
Why join our Consumer Healthcare business?
As a member of our HR team, you’ll play a critical role in enabling the Consumer Healthcare business to thrive as a standalone company. You’ll help our business leaders deliver the people strategy in a way that’s meaningful for their own market or function, and as part of your role you’ll recognise courage, accountability, development and teamwork right across the organisation. Whether you join us in a business partnering role or join an HR centre of excellence, you’ll play a part in offering our people rewarding careers with great development and excellent benefits. As we become an independent organisation of around 25,000 employees across over 60 countries, you’ll play a significant role in shaping our HR function and setting us up for success in 2022 and beyond.
About this role
We are looking for an HR Associate to work closely with the HR Business Leaders and HR Business Partners for the Global Functions in Consumer Health. The HR Associate will support key HR activities to deliver the people and culture agenda. The role will also play an important role in tracking key HR metrics and analysing data to create insights. Putting all this together you enable the growth and performance of our business, delivering on our purpose of Everyday Health with Humanity.
The role reports to VP HR Global Marketing & Functions and is part of the Global Functions HR team. Incumbents in this role who perform strongly would have the opportunity to develop into HR Business Partner or other HR roles of increasing accountability.
In this role you will:
- Support HR Business Leaders and HR Business Partners with talent, culture, capability work and organisational performance work across the Functions. Actively participate in work teams associated with specific projects
- Lead data analysis for the team – particularly related to talent, diversity, engagement and culture activities and metrics
- Provide support to implement key initiatives & processes requiring co-ordination across the organisation so that we work effectively and efficiently, for example, performance and reward process, redesign of work teams and structures, talent management, etc.
- Manage the implementation and execution of HR processes as required. This may include selection, training, performance management, compensation, etc. - coordinating other resources as needed.
- Works with leaders to help them embrace self-service HR processes and work with People Services Hubs to execute org changes and/or ad hoc large-scale data changes.
- We’re looking for talent with strong development potential for the role, opened to HR generalist experience, particular in-house HR function, or HR/recruitment partner in RPO/MSP environment
- Demonstrated experience working across levels of stakeholders, operations, use of data and problem-solving
- Familiar with working with data – pulling data, bridging gaps and making sense to draw insights from data, providing valuable input for the business
- Working successfully with and through others you proactively engage across teams to build relationships, get work done through others and solve problems
- You have an eye for detail, setting high standards and easily spotting mistakes and errors in your work and in data
- Well organised, you enjoy managing HR Projects, tracking key project milestones, deliverables and metrics aligned to objectives
- You are able to prioritize your work and work efficiently through it, asking for help when you need to focus on what matters most and when you have capacity leaning in to take on new projects.
- You are comfortable working with confidential information and act with high integrity, ensuring that we protect the safety our employees and the businesses data and information.
- Personally, you are energized by and curious about consumer businesses and our purpose of Everyday Health with Humanity
- Enjoying different people and working styles you are collaborative and adapt to different working styles as you work across and with multiple HR and business stakeholders in different geographies.
- A successful candidate in this role will enjoy and thrive in an environment where you work with a sense of urgency, meeting challenging goals and timelines.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
New Consumer Healthcare HQ:
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and we are moving our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.