Global Consumer Experience Manager - Open to flexible working
The Global Consumer Experience Manager will report to the Global Consumer Experience Lead, part of the Global Marketing services team that includes; Media, Operations (marketing systems and production), Content, Partnerships and Marketing Capability.
You will be a key contributor to how we build meaningful and distinctive experiences at an above brand level. GSK has built some of the most loved consumer healthcare brands around the world and this role will help drive us forward into more Digital service and products offerings for our consumers and HCPs.
We are expanding our innovation to include platforms, services and experiences that are grounded in deep human understanding and translate those into meaningful consumer experiences that have a positive, sustained impact on people and the planet. This expands and elevates the role of consumer experience within GSK and build upon our successful inhouse packaging and omnichannel design expertise.
You will be responsible for providing the world-class user experience, working from innovation through to execution. You will help provide the direction for the next generation digital health products and services. In this role you will deliver experience solutions for consumers and HCPs to work seamlessly and easily across products and services. It is critical that you are a strong collaborator as you will work across boundaries with a variety of business leaders, consumer insights, data strategy, technology partners, product managers, and other key stakeholders and partners internally and externally. You will manage complex UX ecosystems and push the team on the art of the possible. A background in digital product development is key for this role.
At GSK, we strive to build world-class brands, grounded in science, that meet the ever-changing consumer needs. If you qualify for this role, you will be fundamental to shaping the future with us. To be successful in this role you must have a passion for brands and omnichannel marketing, believe that creativity can change the world, and have a personal hunger to better everyday health for people around the world.
This role is vital in the implementation of the most important elements of the Consumer Healthcare (CH) Marketing strategy. The impact of the role is immediate in terms of ensuring effective organization, mobilization, planning and executing key projects critical to commercial success and organizational health. Effective management and project benefits delivery is vital to CH, Digital Organization and thus GSK’s return to shareholders.
- Work with the Experience Lead to embed the strategy, framework, and approach to drive consistency to above-brand experience innovation that goes beyond current products.
- Help deliver a vision, strategy and plan for platforms, services and experiences across our global Power Brands as well as across category platforms and strategies to enable innovative human centric experiences that demonstrate strong business impact.
- Drive and share the voice of the consumer, experience analytics and customer insights and feedback to advise strategy and critical decisions across the company and projects.
- Responsible for project end-to-end experience creation & credibility; ability to deliver across all touchpoints with strong expertise in digital services and platforms.
- Deliver flawless digital experiences across all owned digital channels.
- Identify new digital solutions and services to capture 1st Party data and build consumer intimacy.
- Interface with Consumer experience planning team and execution in markets to ensure global alignment and fully connected customer experiences.
- Continually assess the performance of newly designed digital consumer experiences to optimize performance
- Gathering facts, signals and insights from consumers, partners and competitive activity.
- Bringing your product imagination to the creation of value hypotheses.
- Exploring options for business models and partnerships.
- Co create value propositions built on a robust data/scientific/clinical basis.
- Setting learning goals and designing experiments to achieve them.
- Building and prioritising functionality backlogs for products to enable richer experiments.
- Identifying metrics for product and commercial value.
- Organise sprints, orchestrate activity and lead the team to deliver.
- Analysing and synthesizing results to prioritise and recommend next steps towards the stated goals.
- Consolidating insights, learning, and sharing out progress to different audiences through multiple formats.
- Inspire, build and foster a culture of creativity, design thinking, and creative excellence through capability, thought leadership, and bringing the external into GSK.
- Communicate effectively with a large organization, leadership team, and individuals.
- Demonstrable experience in digital product development
- Capacity to act as Business Lead showing strong customer understanding and innovative mindset
- Successfully worked in product engineering team in a ‘product-led’ organisation using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development.
- Proven success driving a Customer Experience projects.
- Worked in collaborative partnership with insight specialists, experience designers and technology colleagues – to create valuable products.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a shared vision and inspire collaboration.
- Used your own data analysis skills to drive your prioritisation and design recommendations to the team.
- Developed a technical understanding of how a range of digital experiences are enabled.
- Proven ability to manage diverse efforts’ synergies.
- Wrestled ambiguity to create early-stage propositions and find Product/Market fit.
- Proven that you’re not only comfortable embracing ambiguity but are excited to bring different ways of leading exploration and creating value.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Managed projects with consumer-centric decision-making, UX, UI, HCD, HMI, Paper Prototyping, User Journey Mapping and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of consumer research and analytic techniques, consumer strategy, process improvements, HCD, Design Thinking, Design Linking and performance management.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in crafting the ideas, and following through with successful execution.
- Engaging storyteller with strong business communication and presentation abilities to all levels of the company.
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual curiosity that inspires others around you.
As part of your application, please include a portfolio of your previous work.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.