LBG Returners - Relationship Director – Digital Infrastructure - Open to flexible & hybrid working
- Contract Type
Why the Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme ?
If you’ve taken a career break for at least 18 months then you’re eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group. We’re in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of building the bank of the future, whilst also fulfilling on our commitments to Help Britain Recover. This is a permanent role and I you’re successful as well as helping build your workplace expertise we’ll also provide a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess.
Corporate & Institutional Coverage (‘CIC’) is a client coverage business within Commercial Banking operating across the UK and North America and is responsible for the overall management of businesses whose annual turnover exceeds £100m. CIC consists of 9 sector based teams including Consumer and Tech.
Healthcare and TMT is part of the wider Consumer & Tech team and has seen strong momentum in recent years, e.g. financing the build-out of fibre-to-the-home broadband which is closely aligned to Lloyds’ purpose. Within TMT, the focus is on Telecoms (internet service providers, cable and fibre broadband), Media (TV studios, magazines, newspapers) and Technology (Electronics/hardware, software, global internet based businesses). The sector is fast paced, and we're passionate about enabling clients to grow.
The team engages clients of all levels of complexity (including household names at the top end of the FTSE 100) across the whole range of balance sheet, hedging and cash management solutions. Working on Investment Grade, Leveraged Finance and Infrastructure & Project Finance transactions provides unique depth and breadth to the role. The key to our success is continuous interaction with clients, credit, risk and the delivery functions of the bank as well as our product partners beyond CIC within our wider division.
We're looking for an individual with strong Relationship Management experience to drive the business forward. You'll be a motivated self-starter with the consistent record to develop and implement a strategic plan and objectives, whilst showing strong leadership skills to motivate those around them. You'll manage a portfolio of digital infrastructure clients and market the full range of products and services in order to achieve an acceptable level of profit, risk and return.
To make this happen, you must have the ability to influence and persuade by building trusting and collaborative relationships whilst communicating effectively at all levels and across different audiences. A strong grounding in Credit is important given the project finance based capital structures in the fibre space in particular. This role provides a tremendous opportunity for a high calibre individual to drive and lead our growth aspirations.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Assume responsibility for a designated portfolio of client relationships for all products that is aligned with all key partners and understanding the trends and activities of Clients within the specific Industry.
- Prepare a strategic business plan for the portfolios within your remit to meet customer profitability requirements and business objectives
- Find opportunities to develop further income, recommending and implementing the appropriate solutions
- Lead the client dialogue on behalf of the group and other interested parties, ensuring enquiries and issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Negotiate terms and conditions of credit facilities and services after coordinating with all relevant parties and prepare the proposal in partnership with Credit Risk colleagues in order to seek approval for global credit exposure
- Prepare and present responses to invitations to tender for new and existing business, collaborating closely with other specialist providers as appropriate to enhance the potential for overall business returns
- Develop business leads and introductions, as appropriate, in order to maximise business growth for the group
- Manage any changes to Bank policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement
- Scope, review, discuss and implement legal and other documents ensuring adherence to credit sanction, Bank and regulatory policy in order to minimise risk
- Lead, motivate, develop and appraise team members so that their individual and collective performance meets the current and future needs of the business
- Solid understanding of credit risk
So what can we offer you in return?
You'll be rewarded with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible - join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture passionate about making a difference.