HR Advisor - GMS, Open to flexibility
HR Advisor - GMS, Open to flexibility
Our site in Ware holds a unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company's pipeline of new medicines in Respiratory devices or in Oral Solid Dose many of which are life saving medicines. A series of investments in new state-of-the-art equipment are being made that will support the delivery of a record number of new products. This must be achieved whilst consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients.
To help maintain and further develop the capabilities of our site in Ware we are currently seeking a HR Advisor.
The successful applicant will join a national team based across our network of UK manufacturing facilities responsible effective support to across a range of HR activities to develop and enable them to deliver business objectives and add maximum value to the business.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
- Assist HRM's and Line Managers in the delivery of key standardised HR activities and support line managers with interpretation of HR policies, processes and ways of working.
- Respond to queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs
- Participate in and support the delivery of initiatives developed by the HR Centres of Excellence, HRBLs and HR Services.
- Promote standardisation and improvement across and within business units in order to standardise, simplify and continuously improve HR service delivery and promote principles of driving work to the appropriate level (including self services) in the evolving HR organisation
- Understand the HR Risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR risks and support managers to create a positive employee environment.
- As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, resolve ER/IR issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
- Support HRMs with the preparation of consultation briefing packs and employee impact analyses for proposed restructuring initiatives.
- Support HRMs with the assessment and selection process for business related restructuring initiatives
- Support line managers with general coaching and advice on Workday
- Be the champion and lead the way in implementing the Customer Experience Model
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a manufacturing environment. You will be a qualified HR professional with strong people skills. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions to the business. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience dealing with a diverse range of people across all levels. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (HR, Business or Finance)
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and customer focus mindset to support delivery of HR solutions
- Ability to assess and identify route cause of issues and effectively problem solve
- Experience participating and influencing HR teams in order to raise standards within the function and improve the collective profile of HR within the business.
- Self starter able to maintain motivation and determination to see work through to completion over prolonged periods
- Experience exercising good judgment and working with people at all levels in the organisation
- Has experience in one field of HR, e.g. ER, IR, compensation and benefits, talent management, HR operational implementation systems and processes, organisational development or design.
- Demonstration of ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and effective organisational skills
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Apply via our online system using a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the above criteria in order to be successful for interview selection.
CLOSING DATE for applications: 20th September 2018.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- See above
- See above
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.