Executive Reward Business Partner - Open to flexible working
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. People are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
Earlier this year, we announced that GSK Consumer Healthcare will be named Haleon, expected to be a world-leader in consumer healthcare, offering the prospect of attractive organic sales growth, operating margin expansion and consistent high cash generation.
Why join our Consumer Healthcare business?
As a member of our HR team, you’ll play a critical role in enabling the Consumer Healthcare business to thrive as a standalone company. You’ll be accountable for supporting our business leaders to deliver the people strategy in a way that’s meaningful for their own market or function, and as part of your role you’ll recognise courage, accountability, development and teamwork right across the organisation. Whether you join us in a business partnering role or join an HR centre of excellence, you’ll play a part in offering our people rewarding careers with great development and excellent benefits. As we become an independent organisation of around 25,000 employees across over 60 countries, you’ll play a significant role in shaping our HR function and setting us up for success in 2022 and beyond.
About this role
The Executive Reward Business Partner provides advisory support on executive reward matters, including management of remuneration policy and practice for the senior executive management populations globally
In this role you will
- Own and manage executive remuneration policy, processes and practice for the senior executive populations (Grade 1 – 3).
- Develop recommendations on senior executive new hire/role change compensation packages, taking account of the external market including relevant benchmarking data, candidate expectations and any global mobility considerations.
- Develop recommendations for any cash/equity buy-out awards for forfeited compensation to support with the attraction of new hires at senior levels across the organisation.
- Provide end-to-end support for the executive reward governance process, including working with the Group Reward Director and CHRO.
- Provide Executive Reward business partnering support to HR Business Leads and Recruitment Teams, including end-to-end management of the joiner/mover/leaver process for senior executive populations, to ensure that a brilliant employee experience is delivered.
- Create, deliver and maintain employment documentation for Executives, ensuring there is an accurate and up-to-date audit trail. Working with internal and external lawyers to draft and review documentation as required.
- Provide support to ad-hoc Executive Reward projects as necessary.
- Pro-actively monitor the external landscape, both in terms of keeping up-to-date on relevant legislation relating to reward issues (e.g. tax, share plans, pensions) as well as emerging trends, hot topics and leading-edge reward practices.
- A personal passion for reward and the impact it can have on business performance and individual engagement.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills – a first-rate attention to detail whilst also considering the bigger possibility and application of data.
- Financially astute – able to understand business performance measures and financial instruments e.g. share options.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage high volumes of work and conflicting priorities.
- Strong IT skills – specifically advanced Excel, PowerPoint and HR systems knowledge (preferably Workday).
- Self-reliant and pro-active, able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, leading through complex issues and creative problem solving.
- Articulate and persuasive with strong written and oral communication skills, with experience of successfully managing a broad range of stakeholders
- Prior experience of pay benchmarking, short and long-term incentives and executive reward.
- Degree Education - Subjects that are quantitative in nature are preferred but not essential
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.