Engineering Technician, Open to flexibility
Engineering Technician, Open to flexibility
To help enable us to strengthen our technical capability, and prepare us for future advancements within the Cephalosporins Business Unit, we are looking to appoint an Electrically biased Multi skilled technician to maintain our tablets and suspension, into blister and bottle, filling and packaging equipment. This is a fantastic opportunity to expand your skills and experience as you will work in a Multi Skilled Environment!
You will be providing maintenance support, carrying out planned preventative maintenance, dealing with breakdowns and providing support to investigations and continuous improvement initiatives to allow us to produce the medicines we supply.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Fault finding on all types of processes and equipment (predominantly filling and packaging equipment)
- Installation, commissioning and validation of new plant, including generation and delivery of validation documentation.
- Deliver preventative plant maintenance activities through MERPS (SAP).
- Working to current company and regulatory GxP and safety standards.
- Problem solving/root cause analysis and proactive development of plant within a demanding production environment.
- Delivery of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects.
Closing date for applications: 28th Sept 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Have served a recognised engineering maintenance apprenticeship with an electrical bias
- The ability to understand and work through electrical drawings
- Ability to perform, and discuss, a logical fault-finding approach to equipment failures
- Enjoy working in a team environment and can communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of vision systems (Laetus / SEA Vision)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical process and packaging equipment
- Experience within a highly regulated production or packaging environment (eg clean-industry, FMCG, food, electronics or similar).
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.