Audit Account Director, Audit & Assurance, Open to flexibility
Audit Account Director, Audit & Assurance, Open to flexibility
Are you looking for an Audit Account Director role or aspire to be one? Do you want an Audit role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS THE BACKGROUND OF A&A?
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learnings in the risk space through our advisory and assurance product portfolio.
A role in Audit & Assurance will build both risk management and leadership capabilities and you can expect to:
- Gain GSK knowledge and cultural awareness
- Develop broader perspectives and a "One GSK" global mindset
- Engage with leaders at every level of the organisation and across multiple Business Units
- Grow cross-functional networks
- Enhance leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenge and influencing
WHAT ARE THE RISK AREAS?
The effective management of risks associated with product Quality is critical to the success of GSK.
This role provides assurance to the GSK Board through identification and assessment of Product Quality risks, controls and management effectiveness. The scope of work is global and focused on the highest risk Product Quality activities within Pharma, Vaccines and Consumer which includes work within Manufacturing (including 3rd Party), Commercial and R&D. In this role, the Audit Account Director will work closely with the Product Quality Risk Owner, Executive Teams and Business Leaders to identify key risks and agree an annual assurance plan (typically 15 - 20 audits per year), monitor business performance and scan the external Product Quality environment for emerging risks. Key outcomes include reports to the Board and Tier 1 RMCBs, influencing leaders to act to reduce risk and develop GSK capabilities through mentoring A&A Teams and Business Leaders.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
To help GSK to reduce risks associated with Product Quality. This role is critical in driving the design and delivery of A&A's global Assurance Strategies and serving as change agents.
The Audit Account Director is aligned to a risk and provides the prime point of contact for one or more Business Units or Functions. In this role, the Audit Account Director builds and manages strong partnering relationships with senior GSK stakeholders, and is an integral and active member of relevant governance fora.
Through these activities, the role holder will define assurance strategies that are proactive and relevant to the business in their risk and that will be delivered by an appropriate mix of assurance products.
The majority of Audits are delivered by the Grade 5 Audit Director, the Audit Account Director takes a lead for other assurance products. They also play a key role in coaching teams to navigate a complex business and risk environment and contentious audit issues, requiring strong organisational awareness, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
Line Management: 1-2 Direct Reports, typically Futures Leaders Programme (FLP) staff
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Serve as the primary contact for defined business units/functions and for Product Quality, attending key governance fora as a full and active member and maintaining dialogue with senior regional and in-country management (typically SVP and VP level)
- Serve as ambassadors for A&A enterprise wide change, embedding the Internal Control Framework across the organisation.
- Responsible for the development of global assurance strategies for GSK Principal Risks (Product Quality) ensuring that the assurance work is commensurate with the importance of the risk to GSK. Drive the evolution and delivery of A&A assurance strategies for assigned principal risk and related audit universe entries to ensure strategies are risk based, fit-for-purpose and responsive to the risk and business environment. Ensures Audits are clearly specified and set up for success.
- Drive a culture of empowerment, actively leading, inspiring and developing teams to perform at their best in addition to supporting the attraction of key talent across the wider organisation.
- Oversee the delivery of certain assurance products which are less structured, more free-thinking and strategic in nature.
- Distil insights from audits (join the dots) in a way that influences senior leadership at an enterprise level.
- Coaching and supporting the development of auditors in the efficient and effective drafting of Assurance outcomes. Drive accountability for consistent standards within their product delivery.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 28th Sept 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Demonstrated credibility with Senior Leaders.
- In depth Product Quality and Operational knowledge across multiple Business Unit operations
- High proficiency in stakeholder management, partnership and influencing Executive leaders.
- Leadership skills: including, coaching, mentoring, managing and inspiring
- Ability to identify emerging trends in assurance and internal controls through scanning the internal and external business and risk environment
- Flexible Thinking; demonstrated ability to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of the GSK internal control framework, enterprise risks, Policy 500 (Risk Management), risk based auditing models (e.g., IIA, COSO) and compliance frameworks.
- Knowledge / understanding of the requirements, approach and perspectives of regulators.
- Strong command of English language (written and verbal), essential. Foreign language skills, preferred.
- Chartered or relevant degree in Technical based subject (eg Pharmacy, Engineering, Chemistry)
- See above
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.