Projects/infrastructure Lawyer – Ideal Opportunity for a Returner (Open to flexible working)
We are currently looking for an in-house projects/infrastructure lawyer to join the Tideway project. The successful candidate, reporting to the General Counsel, will join a small, focused, commercial in-house legal team. The lawyer will contribute to the success of Tideway and its group companies providing legal, regulatory and commercial advice and assistance to all areas of the business of this extremely busy and complex landmark infrastructure project.
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are Returning to Work following a voluntary career break of 2 years or more. Tideway is committed to assisting women returners and, as such, you would receive coaching support and the opportunity to work in a flexible way that matches your requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide legal advice in relation to the group’s £2.5bn financing programme – a mixture of London Stock Exchange listed bonds and bank debt
- Provide legal advice on construction issues
- Responsible for advising on legal regulatory and commercial issues
- Provide legal input into property issues, planning, and consents compliance
- Offer legal input into the agreements with key stakeholders (including Thames Water, Defra and Ofwat)
- Deliver legal advice on the obligations under Tideway’s licence and pursuant to the Water Industries Act 1991, as amended) also the Specified Infrastructure Projects Regulations 2013
- Ensure legal compliance across Tideway and its group companies
- Provide in-house legal advice directly to internal clients throughout the organisation
- Ensure appropriate service levels are maintained for key internal clients and manage relationships effectively
- Operate within given budget and resources and uphold delegated authorities and guidelines.
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor, holding a current practising certificate for England and Wales (or equivalent)
- Junior to mid level post-qualification experience of working in-house and/or in private practice
- Experience of both project or structured finance and of construction law (NEC contracting) is highly desirable
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of law: public procurement, property law, or planning law is desirable
- Experience and understanding of commercial considerations, to effectively manage risks while maximising commercial opportunities, and drive to obtain best outcome for Tideway.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to perform consistently under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Credibility and influence internally and externally, able to operate successfully at senior levels
- Ability to grasp complex situations and develop a solution
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to work effectively towards delivering objectives with the personal sensitivity
- Skilled in managing negotiations with a range of stakeholders, including Executive Management, contractors and employees
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to foster and maintain a strong team ethic and culture of continuous improvement.
To find out more about a career at Tideway, please click here.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
River Thames is at the heart of London, but in recent years it has often been overlooked.
Tideway launched in August 2015 with one task: delivering a new tunnel to protect the River Thames from the tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution discharged into it every year, via the capital’s overstretched Victorian sewer network. The Thames Tideway Tunnel is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe. Main construction work started in 2016 and the project will take up to seven years to complete.
Tideway offers a wide range of careers and is looking for people to join its dedicated and talented team. With an inclusive culture, excellent benefits package and flexible working options Tideway is a great place to work.