Part time Events coordinator (2-3 days per week)
Salary: £23,639–£24,952 pro rata
Flexibility & Contract: Part-time (2–3 days per week), permanent
Closing: Applications close 9am, Tuesday 9 October
Please note that applications will only be accepted if our application form has been completed (please see link below).
We are seeking a part-time Events Coordinator to join our friendly team. The Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating EIF events, from stakeholder roundtables to invitation-only workshops and seminars through to full-day conference or training events, across all of EIF’s projects.
EIF events support EIF’s research programme, communicate our findings and recommendations to key audience groups, and build strong relationships across the sector. They are predominantly free to attend. The Events Coordinator reports to the Head of Communications, but also works closely with senior and mid-level project leads across the organisation, on an event-by-event basis.
We're keen to provide the successful candidate with a regular schedule and work pattern each week. However, the nature of our events programme means some events will continue outside standard office hours, at varying locations and on non-working days. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate flexibility to fulfil our events programme; in turn we'll also provide flexibility (either through additional paid days or time off in lieu).
- To coordinate the planning and delivery of EIF events, including scheduling, venue management, invitations and marketing, delegate management, event suppliers (catering, photography, AV etc), event materials and on-the-day coordination
- To coordinate event budgets, communications and event staff (including colleagues, venue staff or others), and to identify events-related suppliers on an event-by-event basis
- As required, to manage speakers and other VIPs in planning and on the day
- To coordinate the evaluation of EIF events (for example, via post-event surveys) and provide delegate feedback to EIF colleagues and management.
- To develop and maintain events-related systems and records, including a venue and supplier pool, delegate records, invitation/registration platforms and survey/feedback platforms
- To attend and actively contribute to events as required to maintain strong relationships within EIF and with key external stakeholders
- To assist in arranging catering, equipment, presentations or printed material for EIF meetings as directed
- To carry out other administrative and support functions related to EIF communications activities or stakeholder management, as might reasonably be required by the Head of Communications.
- Experience of organising small to medium-size events, such as workshops, seminars and conferences
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload with multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Excellent relationship-building and people skills, with a demonstrable ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels and to communicate and work effectively with outside suppliers
- Excellent IT skills, including strong knowledge and experience of using MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience using online event booking systems (EIF uses Eventbrite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience of drafting copy for different audiences, including marketing blurbs, briefings, meeting agendas and minutes, and presentation slides.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Self-starter with initiative, confidence and drive, willing to be flexible, cooperative and take a ‘can do’ approach. Calm under pressure.
- Good eye for detail, both in planning and in practicalities – for example, in compiling content, setting up equipment etc.
- Experience of providing efficient support to teams and projects, to enable timely delivery of activities and outputs.
- A formal events management or project management qualification
- Experience in using a CMS platform to manage website content and/or popular social media platforms to market events
- Experience in using virtual meeting and event platforms (such as Skype) to plan and deliver important meetings and events.
How to apply
For further details and to apply please click 'Apply' now.
We look forward to hearing from you.