Product Governance Manager (RFB), Open to flexibility
3 days left
- Contract Type
Product Governance Manager (RFB), Open to flexibility
The Commercial Banking Control Function (CBCF) enables LBG Commercial Banking to achieve its capital efficiency and profitability targets within a strong, client-aware control environment. As a first line Control Function, the CBCF proactively partners the business to establish and maintain a robust control framework that supports business growth and enables quality client service, focusing on operational risk and fraud and financial crime. The function aims to keep the Commercial Banking division, and our clients, safe.
The Product Governance team supports the various Commercial Banking business areas (such as Capital Markets, Financial Markets, Global Transaction Banking, Lending and Client Asset Management) through the development of products through their product lifecycle. The team provide Subject Matter Expertise on the Product Governance and Management Group Policy and challenge the business to identify, manage and monitor product risks. The team are business specialists who work closely with the Managing Directors and COOs from the business to establish, maintain and evidence a strong control framework relevant to their areas.
This role will support the team to fulfil its obligations to provide shared services support (for product governance activities) to both the Non Ring-fenced Bank, Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Plc (LBCM), and the Ring-Fenced Bank and providing subject matter expertise on the Group Product Governance and Monitoring policy and related Commercial Banking processes. This will include supporting product owners through the New Product Approval process and overseeing product areas' Continuous Product Monitoring (CPM) activities in the RFB and LBCM. As part of this, the Product Governance Manager will act as deputy chair for Product Operating Committees, and provide some secretarial support for Product Approval and Product Governance Committees.
In this position, you'll:
- Build strong relationships with the front office and support & risk functions
- Demonstrate your understanding of the front office and support/risk function end to end processes.
- Demonstrate strong value-add by actively facilitating product approval. This would involve actively engaging with the stakeholders to ensure all governance/control aspects are addressed in a timely manner and without compromising time to market.
- Demonstrate your understanding of Group, Divisional and local product governance policies and provide guidance to stakeholders in the business unit in embedding these.
- If necessary, liaise with Divisional and Group Risk - and possibly other business areas - where a new product or complex transaction crosses business units and regulated entities.
- Ensure quality, consistency and timeliness of approval documentation as well as appropriate record keeping / effectiveness of controls within the team as the New Product Approval process is a key SOX control and an area of interest for the FCA.
- Monitor Continuous Product Management activities, including annual refreshes.
- Support other Governance & Control areas in delivering their objectives. You'll need to be flexible and be willing to perform other activities if requested, such as control documentation, control testing and providing project support.
- Develop and stretch yourself and support the team in building the talent pipeline and expand organisational capacity.
To be successful in this position, you'll need to have experience gained from product governance, internal or external audit, risk management or from business experience of trading areas including cash and derivatives trading across major asset classes (particularly FX, Interest Rate and Credit markets) and treasury / liquidity management.
As a result, you'll be able to identify and assess the risks associated with traded products. You'll be able to influence and successfully challenge management to achieve effective governance and sound control frameworks so strong communication and influencing skills are essential. You'll also need a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If you have the skills and experience we're looking for then we'd be happy to hear from you. In return we offer a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team with prospects to really develop your capabilities and career. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. Join us and you'll be part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. We're creating an inclusive workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We are committed to the principles of agile working and we will be pleased to consider applications from those wishing to work under a flexible arrangement. We are proud of the industry recognition we have received, including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
Together we make it possible.