Production Engineer, Open to flexibility
Production Engineer, Open to flexibility
Are you an enthusiastic Engineer with the drive to improve Equipment and Processes? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to join our team at Worthing to support the Operational Engineering Manager and trade team as a technical resource in the event of plant failure. You will be an equipment expert in existing and emerging technologies and drive the application of continuous improvement, RCA, KPI's and project management.
Success will be demonstrated through improving Key Performance Indicators for EHS, Quality, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), small project leadership and delivery, self-development in equipment and emerging technologies and improving Cost of Goods (COG's) through reducing appropriate Engineering cost per unit measures.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS standards, procedures and systems, as well as guiding others to do the same.
- Apply a zero-tolerance approach towards unsafe activities to drive a Zero Accident operation.
- Perform and guide others to ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with statutory regulatory and company cGMP and Engineering standards, procedures and systems.
- Apply a Right First Time culture to all engineering activities to deliver a Zero-Defect operation.
- Utilise appropriate Operational Excellence tools and techniques to optimise the service standard and delivery performance to meet the business objectives.
- Perform effective Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations in the event of safety, quality or equipment failures, identifying and implementing effective corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Lead OEE Improvement process to increase equipment availability, reliability and performance.
- Act as Technical Liaison Engineer on projects and provide maintenance expertise to identify ongoing improvement
- Identify technical competencies for installed equipment and deliver equipment specific training materials for trade team.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Operations, Process Support, Quality, Shared Service and Secondary Engineering teams.
- Build effective relationships with 3rd Party specialist companies engaged in delivering projects or providing services.
At Worthing, our focus is to manufacture and supply the broad spectrum antibiotic, Augmentin as oral tablets, suspensions and sterile injectable dose forms. The site has a complex operation with two orals manufacturing areas, two packing areas with 12 lines, a bulk sterile manufacturing plant and vial filling lines. There has been significant recent investment in the site including a new £120m bulk sterile facility due to come on line in 2019.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Please note that this role will be based at our Worthing Campus. Closing date for applications: COB - Tuesday 25th September 2018.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- You will have a HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant discipline and / or relevant and demonstrable experience
In addition you will possess:
- Experience within an FMCG Manufacturing environment, including exposure to production and packaging lines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of pharmaceutical product manufacturing for either Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, tablet manufacturing and packaging, powder manufacturing, bottle filling and packaging equipment.
- Experience of pharmaceutical utilities, facilities and processes.
- Experience of Selection and Management of 3rd Party Service providers.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of "Lean" production techniques.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to timelines
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.