Regional Category Lead, Facilities Procurement, Open to flexibility
5 days left
- Contract Type
Regional Category Lead, Facilities Procurement, Open to flexibility
What is the purpose of this role?
The Regional Category Lead for Facilities will operate in a highly complex, multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment. At GSK facilities is managed by 3-separate expert functional teams covering R&D, Manufacturing and Offices assets. The total portfolio of sites is c.580 globally and has an FM related services spend (excluding Real Estate) of c£500m.
This role has been created to work across and influence senior stakeholders' enterprise-wide to ensure GSK is leveraging scale, creating best in class partnerships with key suppliers and delivering quality end user and infrastructure services in a cost-conscious manner.
In this role you will be accountable for building and executing category strategies for FM and selective sub-categories to meet the business needs across various asset classes and business units globally.
You will partner closely with the Rx/Cx/Vx supply chains and FM teams to execute the FM strategies and ensure benefit realisation.
You will be responsible for defining and running best in class contract performance and governance for the large "scale" FM service contracts.
What are the key responsibilities in this role?
You will be responsible for global FM services spend > £500 million annually:
- Including specific accountability for global Manufacturing sites with spend of c.£100m
- Including specific accountability for EU/MENA with spend of c.£200m
You will define and run best in class contract performance and governance for large "scale" FM service contracts and own key executive supplier relationships
You will be accountable to define and execute the Procurement strategy for Tier 2/Tier 3 commercial sites
You will support the implementation of next generation of EFM contracts, reviewing £1.3bn contract over 5 years, take specific accountability for identified parts of the project as appropriate
Engagement with senior stakeholders- working collaboratively with all Supply Chain stakeholders (Rx, Cx, Vx), the discrete FM teams and WREF Organisation to drive buying strategies
Supporting Value Engineering and Savings Programmes: Optimise the performance of existing assets in addition to the on-going buying responsibility for capital equipment.
Developing People & Capabilities: develop the capabilities & behaviours of the team
Developing & Embedding Processes & Ways of Working as the new Procurement operating model evolves
You will lead and finalise recruitment for team as required
How do I apply?
Closing date for applications (midnight): 24 Sept 2018
Please ensure that you provide a strong cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria for this role, we will use the information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
- You will have a university education.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You will already be a credible and recognised Procurement leader with Facilities Management experience gained in Large BlueChip, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or FMCG Environment.
- Facilities Procurement - Experience of Contracting Models & commercial frameworks linked with delivery of FM Service at scale (contract value £20m+)
- You will have a highly developed commercial acumen with demonstrated success in delivering a competitive commercial advantage. Successful multi-year track record in delivering year on year savings in a challenging economic climate.
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at VP/SVP level.
- Highly skilled negotiator adept at managing complex negotiations at VP/SVP level with both external and internal stakeholders
- Have expertise in delivering change programmes to switch supply base to achieve lower cost whilst retaining secure supply in highly matrix and decentralised environments
- Project and Change management experience with formidable team leadership and development experience
You will also have;
- High energy, enthusiastic and results driven with strong business acumen.
- Distinctive people leadership/management skills, both downward and upward.
- Resilient and persistent with the ability to make the right decisions.
- Develop and present persuasive arguments to deliver change and influence stakeholders.
- Creative, conceptual thinker, exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a matrix environment and with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
What other qualifications would benefit this role?
- A Masters Degree.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centred around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organisation with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.