Financial Accountant - part time, 16 hours per week
We are seeking a standalone Financial Accountant to join our small but expanding team, based in Richmond, Surrey (TW9) - for 16 hours per week - flexibly spread over 2 or 3 days per week.
In addition, an element of homeworking will also be considered, post-probationary period.
Skills and Experience:
- Robust technical knowledge and hands-on experience in all of the following aspects of accounting;
- Management accounts
- Year-end Statutory Accounts
- Corporation Tax
- Financial reporting
- IFRS compliance
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive U.K. based accounting experience, working with start-up and SME sized clients, with hands-on financial planning/budgeting and accounting experience.
- Professional U.K. accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Working knowledge of Corporation Tax preparation and return.
- Some ‘Top 10’ U.K. accountancy firm experience would be beneficial however, your ability to integrate and deliver in a “hands-on”, small team environment is more important. As such, some experience of working in a small to medium sized business environment is desirable.
- Competency in accounting software and systems, specifically, Excel and Quickbooks plus ideally, Xero and Netsuite.
- Knowledge of USA GAAP is desirable.
- As this is a standalone role, strong project management and self-motivational skills are required in order to consistently deliver against understood and agreed and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- A confident and articulate communicator, comfortable with regular client contact, predominantly, via phone and email.
- Perform general accounting functions including, but not limited to the following; month-end closing, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, AP, AR, GL, journal entries, cash flow management, bank reconciliations, audit schedules, monthly variance analysis, fixed / intangible assets, and record monthly accrual of expenses.
- Timely and accurately prepare clients’ monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in line with UK statutory and IFRS (in particular FRS02).
- Responsibility for all accounting policies and procedures including, effective internal controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all designated laws and regulations for IFRS financial and tax reporting.
- Co-ordinate activities with external auditors and other advisors.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and projects and resolve challenging and sometimes complex financial issues.
Please apply by sending your CV together with a short covering paragraph, outlining your reasons of interest in, and suitability for, this role.