Engineering Technician - Open to flexible working
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
*By applying, you are registering your interest for present and future Engineering Technician opportunities at GSK. We frequently recruit for similar positions across several departments, and we are keen to engage with skilled individuals right now as we build a robust talent pipeline.
As an Engineering Technician, you will provide technical support to your product stream and other areas, being involved in projects, line improvements, quality, safety, and continuous improvement actions as well as day to day equipment repairs and continuous running adjustments, ensuring work is carried out to GMP standards and in compliance with both company and external standards.
In this role you will…
- Day to day breakdown repair cover of production / plant equipment.
- Complete Maintenance activities (Work Orders).
- Support for area projects.
- Support for new product introduction.
- ECC initiation, completion and sign off.
- MERPS activities. Orders, Notifications, Data Maintenance.
- Ordering of machine spares.
- Continuous Improvement, safety & quality actions.
- Equipment upgrades through continuous improvement.
- Day to day support to production.
- Perform line/ machine size/product change overs.
- Operation and maintenance, repair and improvement of a wide range of Manufacture, filling, Inspection and Packaging equipment.
- Technical support for new product introduction, including equipment upgrades, machine improvements etc. Building Services/OS biased
- Building infrastructure specific tasks concerned with, building fabric, electricity, piped services supply, drainage and effluent control.
- Operation & maintenance of Quality water plants.
- Operation & maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Issue authorisation to work and permits to work.
Our Pharmaceutical Supply Chain (PSC) business is responsible for making and supplying our pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products around the globe. The PSC organisation is involved with every production stage from the infrastructure of the manufacturing sites, supply forecasting, regulatory inspections, and the product’s quality.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience is essential (e.g. Engineering Apprenticeship with an industrial focus).
- HNC / HND Level qualification with a level of appropriate Engineering knowledge, but ideally in two disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Control Systems or Instrumentation).
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Required to demonstrate competence in current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), understands its impact on their own role and the implications of not following cGMP.
- Strong experience of working in a complex GMP environment.
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and speciality medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.