12 Month Secondment/FTC_Manager or Senior Manager, Contentious Matters, National Quality
12 Month Secondment/FTC_Manager or Senior Manager, Contentious Matters, National Quality and Risk Manager, Open to flexibility
The contentious matters team (headed up by Ian Joslin) are looking for a Senior Manager or experienced Manager qualified accountant (ideally with audit/accounting experience) to join their team on a secondment/FTC basis to cover a 12 month career break. The start date is as soon as possible, ending July/August 2019.
The contentious matters team sits within National Quality and Risk and deals with complaints, litigation and regulatory investigations against the firm. This is an interesting role providing a unique insight into the firm, excellent experience in dealing with often high profile risk issues faced by the firm and exposure to the firm’s executive leadership.
The role will involve all aspects of handing a case such as:
- Liaising, supporting and ‘managing’ engagement teams and internal review teams;
- Collating and identifying relevant case documentation;
- Preparing submissions / defences and working with external legal support to provide input to legal submissions;
- Assessment of evidence and evaluation of the firm’s position;
- Liaising with internal and external advisors, solicitors, counsel and witnesses;
- Communicating with regulators and other external bodies; and
- Updating internal stakeholders such as the firm’s executive leadership.
Your work, your choice
We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: 12 Month Secondment/Fixed Term contract full-time or 4 days a week
Your professional experience
- Qualified Accountant (ideally with an audit background – if not accounting);
- Investigation and/or forensic accounting experience ideal but not necessary
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make recommendations based on analysis;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication and influencing skills;
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment;
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a consistent high level of quality;
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and project management skills.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 152981