Data Protection Assistant Manager, Deloitte Business Security, Open to flexibility
Data Protection Assistant Manager, Deloitte Business Security, Open to flexibility
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven individual to join the Deloitte Business Security (DBS) team.
You will report to the Director and Strategic Lead for Privacy, working primarily with her, and alongside a small team of privacy lawyers and wider colleagues in DBS in London and Quality & Risk Operations in Cardiff. Deloitte’s in-house Data Protection team is responsible for providing Data Protection / Privacy advice and compliance support to the Firm. A dynamic and flexible individual is required to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
Deloitte offers a unique opportunity for someone to join the Data Protection team and develop new skills in Data Protection / Privacy compliance through a blend of technical and advisory work. Be part of an expanding team where you can have exposure to privacy issues across the Firm. You will benefit from ongoing training and structured development in a supportive culture.
- Reviewing and advising on data processing agreements and clauses
- Advising on complex data protection queries
- Preparation of advice and guidance sheets
- Assisting with internal data breach investigations
- Supporting Subject Access, Erasure, and Portability etc. Requests and Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- Supporting the business on one hand and the DPO on other in various aspects of data protection compliance
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and quick learner with a keen interest in developing an expertise in Data Protection / Privacy issues. Ideally they will have experience in reviewing data protection agreements and clauses and be able to demonstrate the mix of skills and attributes that would enable them to make a real contribution to the Data Protection team. They will be required to react to a variety of issues as they arise in order to be a successful part of this unique team.
To be considered you will have a keen interest in developing an expertise in Data Protection/Privacy issues, ideally having legal qualifications/training and/or experience of advising on Data Protection/Privacy issues:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- An understanding of UK and EU Data Protection legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Experience of reviewing Data Protection clauses within agreements would be advantageous
- Ability to interpret legislation and develop subject specific guidance /advice
- Undertake research as required and present findings
- Experience of working in a fast paced business environment
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- An ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Clear and concise communications skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Legal training and experience
Your service line
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153885