National Quality and Risk Management, Firm Independence – Manager, Open to flexibility
National Quality and Risk Management, Firm Independence – Manager, Open to flexibility
An exciting opportunity exists for a senior manager or strong manager to become an integral part of the Firm Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). We are looking for an individual who is solutions-focused, has strong analytical skills and who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team. This position will provide a great opportunity to play a vital role in enabling Deloitte to pursue new client and strategic opportunities whilst protecting our reputation and brand.
Play an integral and visible role within the firm – The Firm Independence team is responsible for providing critical business support to the firm in relation to all matters pertaining to audit independence and regulatory requirements. The role is part of the scope of services team within Firm Independence and offers a unique opportunity to work with client service teams across the firm. The team has regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm's management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as new service line offerings and acquisitions. Given the importance of audit tendering, the pursuit of alternative delivery models and increased regulatory change, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person.
The role will involve providing technical independence advice and guidance to the business including analysing and interpreting the firm’s independence rules against specific client engagement team queries. The role offers many opportunities to work collaboratively with the business and/or global network on audit tenders, new service offerings and firm acquisitions. In addition, the role will also involve liaising with overseas contacts within the global Deloitte network (DTTL) and broadening your understanding of auditor Independence requirements.
- Interpreting regulation, firm independence policies, professional guidance and other pronouncements and applying them to the business environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to partners and client service engagement teams in technical consultations in relation to the provision of services to clients across all areas of the business.
- Support the firm’s Ethics Partner with technical consultations relating to fee arrangements.
- Working with audit bid teams, assisting them in their analysis of non-audit services and business relationships under the relevant independence rules and regulations.
- Advising the business on the regulatory impact when developing new products and services.
- Overseeing and managing independence processes and systems.
- Developing technical material, including policy and guidance, for firm-wide distribution.
- Responding to consultation papers produced by external regulators.
- Working with the Firm Independence Team Leader; the Independence Partner and the Ethics Partner, to address strategic issues relating to scope of services, ie identifying and addressing emerging issues.
- Managing own portfolio of consultations with key stakeholders within the business.
- Coaching and developing junior team members.
- Ongoing and ad hoc independence matters and projects.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- A professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or equivalent qualification preferable
- Previous knowledge of independence regulations would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Ability to manage senior relationships and other key stakeholders across the firm
- The ability to work well individually, as well as part of a team
- Strong coaching and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under time pressure
- Strong management, analytical, decision making and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office packages
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 156252