Global Category Lead, Strategic Consulting, Open to flexibility
2 days left
- Contract Type
Global Category Lead, Strategic Consulting, Open to flexibility
The Global Category Lead will have responsibility for Strategic Consulting, and reports into the Head of professional and Legal Services. This has a broad scope of strategic sourcing responsibilities under 'One Procurement' including all businesses (i.e. Vx,Px,CHx,ViiV). The role interacts with senior stakeholders in Finance at CFO and CEO level for key Consulting engagements for GSK.
The job holder will lead the creation, execution and management of the comprehensive Global strategies for the spend categories of Strategic Consulting for GSK.
The global strategy content will be developed in close collaboration with the Business Leaders and will take full account of all stakeholder requirements while leveraging global view and opportunities. The Strategic Consulting leader will drive:
- Creates and Executes Global Strategy
- Drives the Strategic planning Process with finance organisation and Tier 1 firms
- Responsible for Business Partnering and Stakeholder management
- Responsible Negotiations and Contracting
- Designs and Develops the consulting SRM framework and business reviews
- Delivers savings and financial analysis including budgets
- Manages the engagement thresholds to ensure focus on the value add strategic engagements
- Develops commercial models which drive closer business partnering and gain share
Strategy creation & execution
- Create comprehensive global strategies for Strategic Consulting in scope of responsibility (GSK cross business units), operating with a truly global/regional and strategic mindset
- Build an education & communication process for stakeholders to engage consulting firms
- Work in close collaboration with CW/SOW team to optimise use of consultants
- Provide best practice in managing consulting SOW definitions (and right sizing of consulting teams)
- Develop knowledge retention portal/tool/practices to embed knowledge into GSK for greater sustainability
- Provide data and reporting via the strategic planning process to better manage consulting spend
- Deliver global and regional benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution
- Create and deliver effective regional and global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Influence key global and regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure global and regional considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally.
- Lead global supply base reviews.
- Lead and direct category teams within scope of responsibility
- Develop and implement effective, partnership, ways of working within the category management structure
- Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
Closing date for applications: Sept 25th, 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
- Corporate Procurement
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Considerable specialist knowledge and practical experience and viewed as expert in field of Consulting
- Subject matter expertise in managing external suppliers in a global sourcing context
- Motivation for professional development and willingness to coach, mentor and train others
- Superior networking skills and a proven ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders and business partners
- Evidenced ability to manage and execute against a number of critical objectives such as savings and working capital
- Significant experience working in a matrix business environment
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines
- Deep financial acumen
- Strong acumen of corporate business norms and requirements needed; broad understanding of procurement activities needed; ability to adapt quickly to new topics and responsibilities
- In depth understanding of external environment & supplier relationship models.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills across internal GSK teams and external suppliers globally
- Demonstrated success in leading and improving outsourced services and projects to meet and improve the needs of business.
- Ability to operate and influence across all business units and across multiple disciplines
- Experience managing the delivery of large projects and with end-to-end service / operations management
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralized and integrated organization, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.