Global Market Access Director - ViiV Healthcare, Open to flexibility
Global Market Access Director - ViiV Healthcare, Open to flexibility
Can you successfully lead a global payer strategy? We're looking for a business leader to optimise pricing and access for our 2DR/DTG portfolio. If this sounds like you, then read below for more details!
The Opportunity ...
You'll provide strategic direction to the ViiV organisation in relation to Global, US, Europe & International payer /market access plans and activities for the 2DR ((2 drug regimen) / DTG (dolutegravir) portfolio covering pipeline assets as well as mature products.
Key Responsibilities ...
- Optimize assets globally across the 2DR/DTG portfolio by ensuring that payer needs are represented within strategy development, evidence generation and value communication. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely 2DR
- Act as a co-leader in the cross functional asset teams; predominately working closely with Marketing, Medical and Health Outcomes in developing and delivering Reimbursable Files, Payer strategies, Pricing direction as well as Payer Value communication tools to and LOCs.
- Deliver a range of payer interactions and insight gathering projects to ensure a strong understanding of the evolving payer and competitor landscape including price evolution within HIV & distil relevant insights into implications for 2DR/DTG including price and future payer evidence needs
- Optimize pricing and access strategies that ensure widespread uptake & long term value for 2DR/DTG portfolio
- Provide clear direction with marketing to medical/health outcomes/clinical development team to ensure evidence base (Ph3, Ph3b/IV, RWE plans) achieves a reimbursable file aligned to the commercial vision and financially optimizes this asset
- Develop & refresh of value propositions, payer value communication tools to support the communication of value to LOCs
- Work closely with regional teams/LOCs to support LOCs in securing and maintaining local formulary access through assessing the potential opportunities and challenges through payer mapping and segmentation and ultimately tools to support customer decision making
Our Commitment ...
At ViiV Healthcare we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !
Closing date for applications: 27th Sept 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Undergraduate Degree with specialism in science or business.
- Experience of working in the market access area, ideally within a commercial environment
- Experience working closely with medical/epi/health outcomes/economics
- Strong leadership skills; proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary matrix team and influence others without direct-line management control
- Previous lead role for payer strategy & proven success within the role
- Demonstrated knowledge of pricing strategy
- Deep understanding of different Payer Systems from across the major markets; US, EU, Canada, Australia, Japan as well as knowledge of payer issues/dynamics in middle/low income countries
- Exceptional project management skills and history of delivering results
- Ability to lead an inter-company matrix team of senior individuals with strong personality
- Proven ability to effectively engage executive management in crucial (& difficult) conversations
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) with various stakeholders
- Ability to translate operational challenges into structured business plans while ensuring cross-discipline input and "buy-in"
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and balance responsibilities
- Experience managing consultancies
- Launch experience
- Masters degree such as MBA, MSc
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, with a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives. ViiV Healthcare has established a presence in 16 countries and we are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as the newly acquired (Ex-BMS) assets, which includes asset combinations from phase IIb through to in-market such as Tivicay, Triumeq as well as DORI, D3, CAB/RPV, CAB prevention, fostemsavir, Maturation Inhibitors and other novel agents early in development pipeline
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.