Site Engagement Lead, Open to flexibility
5 days left
- Contract Type
Site Engagement Lead, Open to flexibility
Are you a driven and innovative Communications professional? We are seeking someone who has a passion for driving change and engagement who thrives on the challenge of supporting cultural change and development. We are seeking a Communications and Cultural Engagement Lead to work with our Worthing site to help support and improve our Ways of Working.
The key purpose of the role is to lead and drive continuous improvement in staff engagement across the Worthing site and raise the site profile to external stakeholders. You will be working closely with our GPS (GSK Production System) team members to ensure activities are aligned to site priorities while maximising colleague engagement and positive mindset.
Your Key Responsibilities focus on:
- Coaching of leaders and non-leaders in effective communications to achieving site engagement goals aligned to site strategy.
- Drive targeted improvement in specific areas of concern highlighted by Engagement metrics, ensuring barriers to improved engagement are identified and eliminated
- Building a culture of Continuous Improvement and GPS mindset by promoting best practices from within and outside the site and promoting benefits achieved by effective use of the GPS standards.
- Creating and implementing improvement plans based on Engagement surveys or audits, ensuring site delivers demonstrated improvement.
- Developing and improving external stakeholder engagement, both inside and outside GSK, by effectively promoting the site and its achievements.
- Close liaison with Site Director and SLT (Site Leadership Team) in effectively translating the GSK strategy and global manufacturing priorities or GSK strategy to ensure delivery of consistent strategic messages on site.
- Within agreed budget, plan and manage site donations and / or sponsorship to charities and community groups in order to maximise community relations benefits to the site.
- Develop and maintain good personal relationships with the local media, so that site integrity in the handling of media enquiries is enhanced.
- Be the appointed communications contact and liaison in any crisis management situation
- Working with Site Director and Site Leadership Team on VIP visits preparation, coaching and output.
- Create, Design and production of regular site magazine, newsletters and publications.
Please note this role will be based at our site in Worthing West Sussex. At Worthing, our focus is to manufacture and supply the broad-spectrum antibiotic, Augmentin as oral tablets, suspensions and sterile injectable dose forms. There has been significant recent investment in the site including a new £120m bulk sterile facility due to come on line in 2019.
Please note that Worthing is a manufacturing site that uses penicillin and there is the possibility of contact with trace amounts of penicillin anywhere on site. If you have a known allergy to penicillin please let our recruitment team know through the process.
Interested in join the team?
Closing date for applications: COB - Wednesday 26th September 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
In this role you should have HND/ HNC qualification in appropriate discipline (e.g. Marketing, Communication or Public relations) as well as experience within a similar role within a fast paced working environment.
You will also have:
- Demonstrable experience and skills within a communications role
- Demonstrable experience within
- Superb Stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence others to deliver against communications requirements.
- Experience within Coaching and Influencing
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Highly developed planning and organisation skills are required
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrable experience of creating relevant communication materials to an internal and external audience.
- Degree qualification in appropriate discipline, for example within marketing, communication, public relations, business administration and management.
- Demonstrable Continuous Improvement and change management experience.
- Previous experience of developing employee communication plans and tools.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
What's on offer?
- A competitive base salary with an annual bonus
- Benefit programmes designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support.
- Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements.
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK's longer term performance
- A performance and development programme that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviours you need to demonstrate, to achieve success
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.