Global Procurement Project Manager, Open to flexibility
2 days left
- Contract Type
Global Procurement Project Manager, Open to flexibility
We currently seeking a Global Procurement Project Manager to join the Centre of Excellence based at GSK House, UK and Wavre, Belgium or at one of our US offices in PA, NJ, or NC
In this newly created role the successful applicant will provide project leadership within Global Procurement. With a focus on complex, high impact projects you will support the creation of Project Management capability within global Procurement, including:
- Support creation of End-to-end approach for value engineering and total margin management enablement
- Develop general project management capability for Global Procurement
- Project leadership for complex, high-impact projects
- Drive creation of overall Project Management framework for Global Procurement, including responsibility to design and implement project management toolkit and upskill capabilities both within own team and across Global Procurement. Assist in building the capability for Project Management across Global Procurement; this may include creation of standard tools and/or training programs
- Provide leadership and oversight for complex projects, both within Global Procurement and cross-functionally. Projects will include Procurement Transformation activities (e.g., organization design and ways of working changes, business process changes) and category/supply change management (e.g. complex global supplier changes or category operating model changes, such as moving from disaggregated/local purchases to new strategic model).
- Design process and develop capabilities for procurement to support value engineering and total margin management efforts together with the business units. Partner closely with all areas of Procurement to expand existing support process to an end-to-end procurement view. Identify opportunities for a step-change in value contribution through such approaches.
- Manage or participate in cross-functional special projects and represent Procurement in bespoke business needs, such as Brexit preparation, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures, and other efforts in support of GSK strategy and priorities.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
- Qualified to Degree level within Procurement and Supply Chain
- Strong track record of senior stakeholder management and influencing; ability to influence without express authority; ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
- Ability to articulate the business case for Supplier Diversity and translate it into action in discrete situations
- Very strong communication and presentation skills; ability to appropriately represent GSK externally.
- Understanding of Procure-to-Pay and Spend Analysis systems; ability to dive into data and co-create, understand, and trouble-shoot reporting requirements
- Demonstrated skills in project management and budget management
- Financial acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Further academic qualification, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.