Key Account Manager - South East London, Open to flexibility
Key Account Manager - South East London, Open to flexibility
We have a great opportunity for a Key Account Manager - South East London to join our team! In this field based role reporting to the Regional Business Director, you will be responsible for effective account management to deliver both access and uptake of the GSK Respiratory Portfolio. You will be responsible for the development and leadership of local account plans that result in creating and/or maintaining optimal market access of GSK respiratory medicines. You will drive successful sales uptake through Key Account Management and competitive selling of our Respiratory Portfolio value proposition to PLDMs and key secondary care customers.
Developing industry-leading key account plans to execute the national strategy for Respiratory:
- Understanding the customer processes and steps to achieving local market access and population-level uptake across CCG, APC decision making bodies and NHS Trusts
- Leveraging deep local account and customer environmental insight to build strong account plans that translate the national strategy into local execution
- Prioritisation of resources through effective account segmentation and stakeholder targeting/mapping
Implementation of key account plans to drive optimal access and uptake of GSK's respiratory medicines:
- To develop and maintain a high level of product and disease area knowledge to influence product advocacy in clinical experts and local payers that leads to access and uptake of our medicines
- Build trust and develop relationships with key PLDM and secondary care stakeholders using an account management approach
- Influence and shape local health economy to deliver market access
- Leverage and accelerate current NHS mechanisms to increase appropriate uptake (e.g. work plans, guidance development and accelerate implementation)
- Deliver high quality customer calls and activity to generate clinical and payer advocacy that achieves account goals
- Achieve an effective coverage and frequency of activity on target PLDMs and secondary care customers to drive both access and uptake as agreed with BD and in line with account priorities
- Coordinate effective deployment of specialist roles (e.g. MSL, HOC, GME) to deliver the account plan
- Support implementation of services/solutions/commercial propositions to ensure that all patients who could benefit from a GSK medicine, within license, have access to it
- Agreed market share growth and/or Evolution index ambition
- Achievement of agreed market access goals for GSK respiratory medicines within key accounts
- Achievement of target RACE levels for key PLDMs and secondary care customers within agreed time frame
- Adherence to minimum standards, GSK & ABPI code
- PFSS call quality scoring
- Activity and coverage / frequency
- Business Planning
- Strong GSK behaviours
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 30th September 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Proven Business Management skills at CCG, APC & NHS Trust key account level in:
- Developing insights to develop business plans. Collaboration through the local account team to understand and deliver business objectives through
- Generating Insight
- Account Plan Development, Implementation and regular review/course correction
- Leadership of the local account team to deliver the Key Account Plan
- Selling, negotiating and influencing through outstanding clinical and payer advocacy development with strong outcomes through patient focused selling skills, negotiation, influencing and networking skills (externally and internally)
- Strong governance and knowledge of ABPI and GSK codes and qualified to ABPI level
- The capability to consistently and skilfully apply comprehensive knowledge (scientific, medical and technical) that provides value to customers and builds trust
- Strong track record of gaining optimised access for GSK medicines (or similar pharma) by leveraging clinical and payer decision makers at D&T/ LHE/APC level to ensure patient access is granted.
- Strong evidence of high disease and environmental knowledge that has led to access & uptake success within Respiratory or relevant Therapy area
- Ability to influence and negotiate with NHS customers both clinical and payer to align brand strategy and meet NHS clinical and patient need
- Evidence of setting direction through resource allocation and decision making to deliver both access and uptake across a local health economy
- Evidence of prioritisation skills and account segmentation to deliver strong clinical and payer outcomes at local health economy level.
- Strong impactful communication skills both externally and internally
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.