Retail Banking - Manager, Open to flexible working
In today’s rapidly advancing world, what clients, EY people, and all stakeholders want and need from EY is changing – innovation and agility is more important than ever. In order to deliver long-term value for our clients at EY, we are looking for minds made for financial services who can meet these demands.
This will mean using your technical knowledge as well as your ability to work in a team to deliver for your client. Our team works with some of the most prestigious financial firms in the world, and as a Senior Consultant you will be an integral part of this.
Financial Services is changing. We are striving to lead this transformation with our clients. Success in this role requires that you understand the regulatory and competitive landscape our clients operate in and that you can work with them to help them see the implications for their business.
Managers in our team lead others, while also working as part of a wider EY team of Senior Managers, and Directors to provide knowledge of the industry to determine and deliver solutions including the latest regulatory technology. Our clients consist of traditional retail banks, consumer credit firms and asset managers and increasingly new market entrants who are innovating in this space. We are looking for individuals with experience in implementing technology into the risk and control enterprise, who can manage their team to generate innovative ideas and deliver novel regulatory solutions.
At EY, our Advisory professionals work with some of the world’s most recognized brands to tackle today’s complex issues and capitalize on opportunities that help them to grow, optimize and protect their businesses now and in the future. Our people are part of diverse, multidisciplinary, high-performing and highly connected teams that bring the best of EY to our clients.
We’re currently growing our Regulatory Advisory team across all capabilities to help meet increasing demand, including the Retail Banking team. We are delivering a number of large scale and strategic projects with some of the UK’s biggest banks, asset managers, and other types of financial institutions.
The provision of financial services and the associated controls firms require are evolving in new and interesting ways. Technological advancement, changing consumer behaviour, and competition are driving this change, and we are working to build suitable new regulatory solutions with our clients. The solutions and skillset our clients require is increasingly not just traditional regulatory insights, but also an ability to understand the opportunities offered by technology in delivering new innovative solutions.
Your key responsibilities
- You will understand the regulatory changes our retail banking clients face, and deliver analysis and insight to help them work through these changes
- You will support the development of EY service offering. In particular, you should have an understanding of how technical solutions can help clients solve their regulatory challenges
- Lead complex workstreams or projects to deliver outstanding quality results often within a complex and challenging environment
- Lead analysis of emerging solutions and innovative ideas, including the development of EY points of view
- Build a diverse and high performing team for each project, considering the needs of the team and the client, to enhance the development and capability of others to support their career development
- Lead effectively as a team member, delegating, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- You will be involved in preparing high quality reports that draw out key industry and regulatory insights
- You will get involved in client campaigns; from researching new regulations to assisting effective business implementation
- You will develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY services into meaningful value propositions for clients
- You will help identify where information should be sourced, and lead your team to draw this evidence together as the foundation on which your team will base recommendations
- You will manage engagement financials, working with the team to determine whether requirements are adequately defined and documented
Skills and attributes for success
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of regulation
- Demonstrable awareness of regulatory trends and the emergence of regulatory technology solutions
- Being able to translate regulatory requirements into business solutions
- Involvement in and awareness of the remediation of regulatory issues
- Strong understanding of conduct risk across UK, European and Global regulatory jurisdictions
- Strong stakeholder management of senior personnel
- Building relationships with colleagues across Advisory and the wider business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Strong insights into areas of Retail Banking regulation. E.g. Consumer Finance; RegTech; Suitability; Conduct & Outcomes.
- Being able to explain regulatory requirements to your client and team, and translate them into action
We are looking for individuals with
- Relevant regulatory experience within the retail financial services. This may be from working at the FCA, a large financial services organisation, or a dynamic new market entrant. It may also be that you have worked for another consultancy firm, or relevant industry body.
- Knowledge of FCA handbook and current UK, European and Global regulatory topics
- A strong interest in digital and emerging technologies, and their role in solving regulatory challenges. Ability to use technology solutions to solve regulatory compliance issues
- Great communication skills, with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels and to envision the bigger picture
- Awareness of and insights gained from Banking and Capital Markets industry fora, such as on conduct and outcomes or consumer finance, and an ability to apply these to regulatory analysis
- Flexibility – both in your approach and your openness to travel where required by the client
- Enthusiasm and a real desire to work effectively as part of a team to achieve shared objectives
- Clear evidence of successful performance in previous roles
- The ability to demonstrate leading a team to help a client understand and adapt to regulatory change
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising in regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of Retail Banking. Ideally you will have experience on regulatory implementation/reviews. This may include having worked on Conduct risk management, product/customer reviews. Regulatory enforcement, customer remediation programmes or preparing clients for Regulatory visits. Specific topics may have included an FCA Section 166 review, Ring-fencing, SMCR, management of customers in financial difficulty, IBOR, or the FCA Asset Management Market Study.
We are also looking for individuals with experience developing or introducing, regulatory technology/enablers. This is ideally suited to professionals who enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative and teaming environment.
What working at EY offers
EY is recognised as one of the best companies to work for in financial services; ranking highly in various employee surveys both in the UK and globally. This is testament to our on-going commitment to provide wellbeing, flexibility and opportunity to our employees. We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. This includes:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you and our clients
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do, and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.