Global IT Audit & Risk Senior Manager - Open to flexible working
The role is part of the Global Audit & Risk Team, providing assurance over the group’s Digital and IT risks across all areas of Diageo’s business. Responsible for the IT audit management and delivery. Travel requirement: ~ up to 50% (within the UK and overseas)
- Support the Group in meeting its strategic objectives by championing standard process in risk management, governance, and controls. Provide independent assurance and guidance to the Board and the Audit Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of the group's control environment. Supporting the business in optimising controls and process efficiency and in protecting value and supporting growth. Supporting the function in delivering its agreed objectives and meeting critical metrics.
- Detailed understanding of the key Digital and IT programme strategies of Diageo and how they impact Internal Audit’s work and overall plan.
- Ongoing monitoring of the changing risk landscape, both within Diageo and in the external environment.
- Assist with the preparation of Audit Committee papers, Risk Committee papers and monthly reports for senior leaders.
- Attend relevant Digital, IT and programme/ project senior management meetings to represent GAR and as subject matter expert as needed.
- Work closely with other GAR IT internal audit team members to develop the Audit Universe and the resulting Annual Audit Plan.
- Work collaboratively with the IT controls team members and external auditor to understand and align IT controls assurance activity.
- Assist the Senior Digital & IT Audit and Risk Director with the ongoing management of audit delivery including opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of the IA plan through integrated auditing activities (e.g., testing of automated/IT dependent controls) and identification of opportunities to utilise data analytics.
- Oversee and review work performed by junior staff, ensuring all work papers contain sufficient evidence on which to base conclusions, are of a sufficient standard to minimise the number of review points required by audit management, and are of appropriate quality to allow “reperformance” and facilitate reliance on IA’s work where necessary.
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with established methodology and IIA standards and codes.
- Actively contribute to the development and profile GAR function to ensure Internal Audit remains a relevant, valued business partner by auditees.
- Directly manage Diageo’s IA co-sourcing providers to effectively deliver specialist IT audit reviews as part of the IT audit plan.
- Actively mentor and develop junior staff by role modelling the desired technical, leadership and business partnering skills expected from Internal Audit.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to establish a relationship and business partner with senior auditees.
- Consistent track record in delivering Digital and Technology audits and works co-operatively to achieve objectives, displaying an understanding of group dynamics, being a team player, being collegial and open and non-territorial.
- Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrated in both day-to-day work and in formal meetings, including facilitation and meeting management.
- Strong IT controls analysis and report-writing skills including articulation of the root cause and risk against good practice.
- Provides leadership to the team, handling problems and providing assistance as required.
- Handles a demanding workload, prioritises requirements with team management and provides guidance and input into numerous areas simultaneously.
- Requires a professional dedication with the objective of leading the efficient, timely completion of audit work to the standard required.
- Displays ability to self-assess own performance and take steps to actively improve performance.
- Demonstrates flexible, objective, lateral thinking.
- Can operate comfortably in an environment that is subject to frequent change.
- Uses sound commercial and technical judgements as a base for planning and decision making.
Qualifications / EXPERIENCE
- Presentation skills at Senior Management level.
- Detailed and comprehensive experience in auditing SAP ERP systems, Cyber/ Security, IT infrastructure and IT management.
- Information Systems / Information Technology degree, or IT Internal Audit qualification (i.e.: ISACA, CISA, CIA, etc).
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in an IT role with Internal Audit and Controls experience.
- Experience in IT and security related industry frameworks (e.g.: including COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001)
- Programme / project assurance experience
- Retail experience
- Formal SAP training / qualifications. Experience with SAP GRC technology
- Management of third-party co-source provider resources
- Financially literate