Head of Digital Shelf Acceleration - Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we build shared value.
We’re a team of curious individuals who see every challenge as a new opportunity to do something incredible. We’re resourceful bunch who thrive under pressure and take ownership of our success. We are currently searching for top talent to join as the Global Head of Digital Shelf and Content Acceleration.
With this massive uptick in online shopping, and human centred thinking we are building a Digital Shelf Accelerator team to influence and snap up shoppers at the digital point of sale on our retailer partner sites and apps. Visibility on the digital shelf matters – a lot. The first page of a retailer’s search results accounts for 90% of all revenue. And on that first page of results, the first 5 SKUs account for 25-30% of revenue. Our goal is to win here.
About the role
A key global leader with deep knowledge of the Digital Shelf - this role will ensure that the shopper stands in the centre of all our conversion marketing initiatives on the Digital Shelf—and help to continue building the bridge between eCommerce insights, strategy and execution.
A digital native, in your role you will need to lead the development and implementation of foundational Digital Shelf Execution across c. 20 markets and will be the global lead on digital shelf metrics, standards and data management. An inquisitive nature and a passion for digital commerce; an analytical and creative being with experience in driving transformation with large and sophisticated matrixed organisations; a pioneer with high learning agility & creative flair. A self-starter with the gravitas to influence strongly across multiple markets and cross-functions, right to the top of our organisation to make things happen.
- Responsible for developing and leading the roadmap for outstanding online shopping experience digital shelf technologies roll out and improvement.
- Collaborating with multi-functional global, Local and Market teams and brands to develop a strong understanding of how to deliver a smooth, un-fragmented, consistent and encouraging onsite shopping experience across all touchpoints.
- Evaluate, measure and steward performance with Hub leads of the digital shelf performance in line with global KPI’s/ metrics and market maturity/ capability.
- Tracking the implementation progress of the Digital Shelf Program through regular business reviews and report back to Management teams (Availability, Visibility, Conversion). Moreover, you will be analysing Digital Shelf Execution performance data, share insights and recommend action plans to key business partners (global to local) to drive continuous execution improvement.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Digital Shelf Content, benchmarking, 3P content creation
- Influence the optimisation of an outstanding automated digital shelf analytics programmes/solutions to track, measure and answer key business questions with practical insights.
- Advocate business requirements for continued advancement of Digital Ecosystem e.g., CMS, PIM, Ratings and Reviews etc
- Elevate Digital shelf IQ and cultivate strong internal digital shelf communities
- Define the global perfect digital store (content) standards for online discoverability and enablement of eComm channel specific transactions at scale.
- Drive B2C site experience optimisation (browse/search/ mobile/desktop/aps) through the hubs developing data-led selling stories
- Partnering with PF Media content lead to influence end-to-end content strategy and technology solutions, ensuring translation of the central content strategy into content development
- Monitor & capture the latest e-commerce market trends and e-shopper behaviours, using insights to guide workstreams in collaboration with the global Decision Sciences and Shopper insights teams.
- Develop 3-5year vision and roadmap to steward step change in shopper experience across PDP’s, category pages, improved content, shelf search.
- Strategic Shopper leadership – Well versed in ecommerce decision journeys and shopper insights, evaluate the BWS shopping experience and help future proof our efforts.
- Digital Shelf Conversion Black Belt – Driving conversion online, act as the Digital Shelf “quarterback” by influencing end-to-end digital shelf processes and identifying the pillar development needed.
- eCommerce – Deep understanding of commerce in a broader context and how to wire into multi-channel, online/offline planning processes.
- Analytical skills – you have the ability to synthesise and analyse complex data, rapidly generating meaningful insights and recommendations continually assess what’s working, what’s not using data, and using storytelling to adjust, repackage, eliminate and accelerate content for our brands.
- Effective influencer and experienced at Project Management – ability to lead and drive complex projects. You will be working with cross functional teams in multiple geographies, influencing at all layers in the organisational to make the impossible possible.
- Well connected – strong external network with agencies and start-ups, with a finger on the pulse, always on the hunt to remain one step ahead
Key Business Partners – Global eComm CoE, Precision Factory, GBT’s, Global D&I, Shopper Insights, Hub leads, Market Leads, External content and shelf tool partners.
It won’t be easy; you will be challenged, tested and stretched but in a truly fulfilling entrepreneurial and fast paced part of the Global Diageo business. If you are looking to get your hands dirty or build out their remit against a blank slate then this could be the next role for you!
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.