Lead Generation Specialist (Open to flexible working)
Location: Westminster based Head Office
Salary: £22,000 plus bonus
Reporting: Direct to Commercial Director and supports sales team
Start date: As soon as possible
We believe the welfare system can work more effectively and help people towards greater independence. Government policy is complicated, confusing and ever changing. This makes the welfare system difficult to understand, to communicate and administer.
We simplify the welfare system for individuals and organisations. We help people understand how government policy affects them so that they can make decisions. Local authorities use our analytics to see how individual households are affected by the combination of national and local policy changes, now and in the future. Our tech engine models how the policies of different government departments affect thousands of families on low incomes. We use a scientific approach to data visualisation to drill down to identify individual households most in need, show organisations where they should focus support programmes and help them track the effectiveness of their support.
We support more than 80 local authorities, housing associations and work and health organisations to improve the future for many people across the country. We are able to track the living standards of over one million households, 1 in 8 of those who use the welfare system, via anonymised data sets. We were founded by one of the architects of Universal Credit and our analysis has been widely covered in national press and media.
Our mission is to reduce poverty which we do through our:
- Benefit and Budgeting Calculator which provides personal budgeting support and helps people to grow their financial resilience without needing to be an expert in the welfare system
- Data Analytics services which help councils target resources more accurately, spend money more effectively and meet their statutory obligations.
We strive to reach every household impacted by welfare reform to bring positive change to people’s lives, now and in the future. We can only do this through our continued growth and development, and by recruiting the best people, so that we have the biggest influence on the impact of policies, now and in the future.
About the role
We’re seeking a highly motivated, dynamic Lead Generation Specialist to help grow our business during an exciting time for the company.
Under the direction of the Commercial Director who leads the sales team, your main focus will be on appointment setting and generating, agreeing and developing sales leads from multiple sources. You’ll use your energy, personality and drive to reach frontline advisers and decision makers in local authorities, housing associations and advice agencies. You will secure meetings with them, set up and manage trials for prospective users, and contribute to the wider company sales target.
Your core responsibilities will be identifying and developing new business prospects via telephone and email, introducing them to the company and our services. You will identify the appropriate buyer, uncovering their budget, authority, need and timeframes to progress them through our sales pipeline to meet or exceed sales targets.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Follow up warm leads as well as conduct your own research to identify cold prospects, using sources such as inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research
- Conduct needs analyses to determine prospects’ potential objectives, and potential objections
- Identify key influencers to determine engagement, budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate relationships by setting up meetings for the sales team and managing user demos/trials
- Initiate and conduct follow-up communications to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Work with the Commercial Director and the rest of the sales team to develop and grow the sales pipeline to meet revenue goals
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in Pipedrive, ensuring all communications and activities are logged, and that information is accurate
- Prepare weekly reports outlining key activities, highlights and next actions.
You may be required to attend and represent us at industry events such as conferences and trade exhibitions – a great opportunity to initiate, qualify and follow up contacts that you or your colleagues make there.
If you feel you’re skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this role, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short covering message.
We look forward to hearing from you.