UK Director – Part time
Reports to: Founder and Board Directors
Based at: WeWork, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, SW6
Salary: In line with experience
Hours: Part Time/ Flexible (3 days a week but we will consider other options for the right candidate)
We are re-wrap
Established in 2002, re-wrap is a dynamic social enterprise with a foot in the UK and one in India. Our purpose is to create organic, hand crafted textile products that will have the most positive impact on people and the environment. re-wrap has a well managed vertical supply chain based in India and an established international client base. We pride ourselves on a strong reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service.
We are mission led
As a social enterprise, we are passionate about business as a force for good. We live our values:
- Recycle. We believe that the best way to reduce our collective impact on the planet is to recycle and reuse our products, so we produce high quality, durable and desirable textile products that are designed to be used time and time again
- Reclaim. We want to reclaim traditional hand skills like sewing, printing and embroidery and the way textile products are manufactured, thought about and used
- Reinvent. We are reinventing the lives of artisans and rural organic cotton farmers in India with hope and purpose – empowering women along the way.
The UK team is small but punches above its weight. The team manages an international and prestigious list of clients. They are responsible for managing existing clients and bringing in new relationships across our range of products. We work with key clients such as LUSH and Daunt Books for whom we produce a range of products including tote bags, sheeting bags, kids bags and wraps. In addition to these products, we produce items such as pouches, large weekend bags, wine bags, aprons and tea towels. The UK team 2 comprises of the Head of Business Development, the Head of Operations, an Account Manager and Team Co-ordinator.
The UK team work closely with our Indian team based in the Bangalore Head Office to manage the sampling and production of the orders. They also work closely with our production units based in South India.
In 2018 re-wrap is delighted to be offering clients our ‘Seed to Shop’ cotton. This GOTs certified organic cotton supply chain aims to build long term partnerships with local cotton farmers. re-wrap is supporting their organic conversion and aims to help them in planning future crops by pre-ordering cotton.
re-wrap is looking for a dynamic director with commercial skills and experience to grow our social enterprise and impact real change.
The UK Director’s role is to lead re-wrap through its next stage of growth, delivering the ambitious plan for 2019. The UK Director will bring significant commercial experience to drive this 15 year old social enterprise to the next level, realising the vision of the Founder.
The UK Director owns the sales and marketing strategy leading planning around our sales targets and managing existing clients. In addition this role takes responsibility for growing and diversifying the client base.
The UK Director is responsible for the smooth running of operations, working closely with the Sourcing & Production team in India.
The UK Director heads up a small but dynamic team, and is a leader who can nurture talent, and always seeking to innovate and improve the enterprise, building on the work done by a consultant in the role of UK Team Head.
This is a new role for re-wrap and it will ensure the business consistently improves its standing as a unique social enterprise and stay true to our mission, vision and values.
1. Step change in growth
This role will take a leadership in the entire business development for re-wrap. The role requires a keen commercial instinct and ability to create high growth opportunities. This role requires an ability to market new & challenging products/concepts with innovative solutions. Also to encourage the talent within the team to help them develop and market their own ideas.
2. Team leadership and development
This role is responsible for planning the organisational development of re-wrap. This role nurtures the talent within the business and always strives for the best performance from the team. This role takes on the line management of the Head of Business Development and the Head of Operations. This role takes responsibility for overall strategic business planning and works with the Head of New Business to develop marketing strategies to achieve targets. 3
3. Creating a strong relationship with the team in India
This role requires leadership for all communications with our sourcing and production arm in India. This role develops strong internal communications, processes and ways to improve our collaboration.
4. Operational client management
This role takes responsibility in the performance of our long-standing client relationships. Supporting the team in making decisions, seeing opportunities for added value or improvements. Leading forecasting planning for sales and growth- managing cash flow with ambitious targets.
5. CRM Implementation
This role takes responsibility for effective implementation and management of the in-house CRM system. Working with the Head of Operations to lead efficiencies gained from the system and championing best practice use.
Relevant skills and experience:
- A proven track record as a team leader- experience of developing people and building on the talent within a team, including the ability to lead internal and external conversations
- Strong influencing skills - the ability to build positive relationships in order to deliver on company objectives within company vision and mission
- Managing relationships remotely- our sourcing and production team is based in India and this role requires experience of working successfully across cultural borders
- Significant business development experience- a history of developing opportunities regionally and globally
- History of organisational planning- developing business plans, sales strategies
- A solutions focused approach to decision making adding value to the teams work
- Experience of forecasting sales, and managing growth
- Working with a board- timely communications, considered papers and the ability to integrate feedback into planning
- A commitment to and passion for re-wrap’s goals and ethos as a social enterprise.
- Working knowledge of textiles, fair trade and organic cotton farming.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.