Part time Finance Manager - 2 days per week
Job Title: Finance Manager (0.4 FTE)
Location: Based at the MyBnk offices, 3 Bath Place, London EC2A 3DR
MyBnk operates hybrid working model that allows for working from home.
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Salary: £45,000 pro rata
Closing Date: 12th August 2022
MyBnk is a UK charity that delivers expert-led financial education programmes to 5-25-year olds in schools and youth organisations – directly, virtually and online. Our mission is to empower young people to take charge of their future by bringing money to life.
Together with young people, we have created innovative, high impact and high energy workshops that bring money to life. Our experts help to build young people’s money knowledge, skills, mindsets and habits at key transitional moments. By spend, we are the UK’s largest specialist charity dedicated to this cause.
MyBnk covers topics such as saving, budgeting, debt, independent living and public and student finance. We also design projects and training programmes for others. Since 2007 we have helped over 290,000 young people learn how to manage their money.
Our programmes focus on helping:
- Young adults in the greatest need – Who cannot afford mistakes.
- The very young – When habits are set.
- All young adults entering independence – Making choices now.
- Aged 11-16 increasingly engaging with money – Preparing for the future.
About Your Role
We are looking for a Finance Manager to develop MyBnk’s financial systems to enable our growth into a national charity. This is an exciting time to be joining MyBnk as we have launched our Vision 2024 strategy and need support in developing our central functions. You will be passionate about MyBnk’s aims and objectives and committed to working within a small and growing team that goes the extra mile.
Your main duties
- Developing and improving MyBnk’s financial systems, including the use of Sage.
- Working together with the COO and the Finance Officer as the charities finance team that manages all aspects of finance and financial reporting for MyBnk.
- Supporting the COO in preparing quarterly management accounts and annual statutory accounts.
- Providing financial input to grant bids and accurate financial information on restricted project funding.
- Ensuring appropriate financial policies and procedures are further developed and followed by all staff.
Your main areas of experience
- Accounting experience within a charity setting and knowledge of Charity SORP.
- Experience of integrating and developing finance systems.
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work and co-operate in a small team.
- Recognised accounting qualification.
MyBnk is dedicated to building an inclusive culture and working environment that promotes a sense of safety and belonging for our staff to feel supported to achieve their potential.
We know there is further to go. In 2020, MyBnk established an Anti-Racism Committee, which worked with the wider MyBnk team to present companywide actions and recommendations to ensure that we are listening, learning and constantly evolving to root and tackle racism in all its forms. In 2022, we are creating a staff led EDI committee to continue and build on this work.
MyBnk will not discriminate either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, ethnicity, neurodiversity, cultural or religious beliefs. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter by 12th August 2022.