Assistant Director/Senior Executive (Senior Manager or Manager) - Flexible working available
3 days left
- Contract Type
Assistant Director/Senior Executive (Senior Manager or Manager), M&A, Corporate Finance, Birmingham
EY Corporate Finance is seeking an Assistant Director (“AD”) and / or a Senior Executive (“SE”) to join the Birmingham office of its growing M&A practice, to support with deal execution and deal origination. The team has a strong local reputation and regularly closes high profile transactions. It advises private equity, corporate and entrepreneurial clients on strategic reviews, acquisitions, disposals, mergers, leveraged transactions and finance raisings and currently has a healthy book of live deals and near-term opportunities.
In joining our team, you will be expected to play a key role in supporting our growth plans, with strong career progression opportunities, as the Midlands team being a key focus to growth in Strategy and Transactions. The role provides an exceptional candidate the opportunity to work with a high performing team as part of the national and international Corporate Finance business.
Your key responsibilities
We would like to meet candidates for an AD or SE role as we look to strengthen the Birmingham team and to grow the execution and origination capabilities in line with the increased levels of M&A activity we are seeing in the market.
Corporate Finance ADs and SEs play a key role in the Birmingham team and advise on a wide variety of corporate transactions, interacting with clients and other professionals such as bankers and lawyers, taking a lead role in overseeing / managing the transactions on a day-to-day basis, being closely involved in deal negotiation. Main responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for projects from start to finish covering all transaction stages from initial proposal right through to completion;
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients during the transaction process;
- Overseeing the work of project teams and coordinating various work streams;
- Leading and managing the delivery of high-quality transaction documentation;
- Coaching and contributing to the development of junior team members;
- Originating new opportunities and further developing your own business network.
Skills and attributes for success
We would expect interested applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Significant experience of working in M&A advisory, including playing a lead role in executing transactions;
- Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and insight;
- Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet';
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and a solid understanding of financial statements;
- Experience of structuring and modelling the financial implications of transactions;
- Research and analysis of key value drivers at a market and business level;
- Researching and profiling potential acquisition targets and prospective buyers and presenting the strategic rationale for potential transactions;
- Experience of valuation analysis, including trading multiples, transaction multiples, LBO and DCF modelling;
- Agility to convert analysis into various outputs to present results in a clear and concise manner;
- Preparation of pitch documentation, client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals including information memoranda and business plans;
- Ability to manage junior team members;
- Strong time management skills, including informing the team of progress and highlighting any issues (as appropriate);
- Ability to identify potential deal opportunities. Pro-actively building and developing a network of internal and external relationships amongst professional intermediaries, private equity houses, corporate targets and clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Possession of an accounting / finance qualification or similar;
- Corporate Finance advisory or related experience;
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments;
- Committed to business development.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful M&A team. We are keen to help you develop your career and long-term ambition is something that we love to see in our team. Providing you with the platform to succeed is therefore key to us.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.