Financial Accountant - Part-time, 3 days per week
3 days left
- Contract Type
SME Web Accountants Ltd is a firm specialising in growth business up to £10m turnover. We work with ambitious entrepreneurs and management teams based in the Thames Valley and London. We have a diverse and interesting client base, who need our support to achieve their goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and other financial information
- Detailed review of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash Flow items
- Preparing basic financial analysis schedules
- Reviewing financial schedules and accounting entries prepared by our clients
- Gathering supporting documentation from our clients, their key suppliers and service providers to support the preparation of the management accounts.
- Liaising extensively with our clients’ finance teams to ensure they receive both support and direction for their daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
- Working extensively with online accounting packages, in particular Xero and Quickbooks Online.
- Preparing a wide range of journal entries
- Processing bank reconciliations, payments and batch payments.
- Attend client meeting and conference calls/video conference calls
- Support on internal administration tasks
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Very good understanding of double entry book-keeping
- Good working knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks Online
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet work
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Maintaining confidentiality of financial and personal information.
- Must live within commutable distance to Reading
- £40,000 - £45,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
- 22.5 hours a week over to 3 consecutive days to be agreed. 7.5 hours per day (9AM – 5.30PM, with one hour unpaid lunch break).
- 15 days paid annual leave (25 Full time equivalent)
- Reading (Berkshire). This role is partially office and home based. You will be expected to be in the office at least 1-2 days a week.
- This post carries a probationary period of two months, during which time the notice period required by either party is two weeks.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below
Apply for Financial Accountant - Part-time, 3 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly