Senior Manager, Packaging & Devices Brentford- Flexible working available
7 days left
- Contract Type
Are you energised by a procurement role that allows you to positively impact millions of people around the world? If so, this Senior Procurement Manager role in the Packaging and Devices team could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
In this role, you will support the creation, execution, implementation and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies primarily across our Devices spend, supporting the business in enabling sales growth, security of supply, quality and cost improvements at a global scale.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage a spend of c.£50m by creating comprehensive global sourcing strategies, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset
- Build strategic relationships with a network of senior GSK global stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly
- Create compelling business cases for change and obtain approval to execute from GSK and/or other support functions (Finance, HR) senior management, and to agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
- Contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance. Negotiate with suppliers and work with legal in bringing a contract from draft form to completion
- Deliver global benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Engage stakeholders, Finance and other relevant functions in the sourcing strategy delivery and execution
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships Ensure Business Unit considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships.
- Build the organizational capabilities necessary to implement GSK strategy, now and in the future.
- Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Significant experience in procurement, leading teams
- Subject matter expertise in procurement area of packaging and/or devices
- Highly developed business acumen with demonstrated success in delivering a multi-year strategy ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all management levels
- Contracting experience required, including a thorough understanding of contracting fundamentals and experience with contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance. Skilled negotiator adept at leading complex negotiations with both external and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of market drivers effecting category; strong commitment to keeping abreast of trends
- Finely honed project and change management skills
- In depth understanding of latest tools for executing sourcing strategies
- Clear understanding business value, business priorities, and potential implementation risks
- Experience managing the delivery of large projects and with end-to-end service / operations management
- Capital equipment experience – gaining funding approvals and managing capex investments
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within Pharma would be desirable but not essential.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.