Financial Accountant and Company Secretary, part time - 2 days per month
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Portland Trust, a central London based not-for profit organisation is looking for a Financial Accountant and Company Secretary on a permanent part time basis for 2 days per month.
Established in 2003, The Portland Trust is a private not-for-profit British ‘action tank’ with the mission of promoting peace and stability between Palestinians and Israelis through economic development. We work with a range of partners to help develop the private sector in Palestine and relieve poverty in Israel through social investment and entrepreneurship. Activities have included programmes to promote affordable housing, develop private sector pension funds and social impact bonds, and enhance credit to small and medium-sized enterprises through the creation of loan guarantee schemes. We have offices in London, Ramallah and Tel Aviv.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the individual will be responsible for Internal Reporting, Online Banking, External reporting and Compliance. The role includes:
Internal Accounting Function
- Monitoring book-keeping for all branches
- Monthly consolidated multi-currency management account preparation
- Budget preparation
- Gift Aid
- Online banking payments
- Cash flow forecasts.
- Compiling schedules for annual accounts preparation and drafting disclosures
- Preparing information for auditors and dealing with audit queries
- Preparing financial reports for donors
- Corporation Tax return
- Companies House statutory filing
- Charity Commission Annual Returns.
- Advising on corporate and charity governance matters
- Ensuring statutory compliance.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Experience in accounting, reporting and compliance
- Experience in accounting and reporting for charities- highly desirable
- Experience with multiple currencies
- Professional accountancy qualification - highly desirable
- Friendly can-do attitude
Flexibility: 2 days per month (ideally 1 day to be based in the office) Location: Central London, W1
Remuneration: Competitive, dependent on experience
The position is to start in October and with this in mind we will be interviewing on a candidate by candidate basis so please do not delay in sending over your application.
Please apply via the application method below with your CV and a brief overview message of why you would be ideal in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Financial Accountant and Company Secretary, part time - 2 days per month
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly