Technical Operations Manager, Open to flexibility
Technical Operations Manager, Open to flexibility
Square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical R&D laboratories and pilot plant, Consumer Health R&D laboratories and pilot plant and commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.
As the Technical Operations Manager, you will provide engineering support to WREF Operations, responsible for Facilities Services and Capital Projects programme management. This will include the development and improvement of processes that support the operational delivery model and interfaces with other GSK functions, service partners and other 3rd party providers.
The purpose of this role is to support the consistent delivery of facilities and services, working to ensure they are aligned to the local needs and priorities of the business, and to ensure that cost, quality and compliance metrics are achieved by key contract partners.
- Verify Contract Partners' Critical and Key Performance Indicators - ensuring GSK's support services requirements are met.
- Identify and evaluate business driven variations to service delivery.
- Lead investigations and mitigation plans at the site for significant service failures, critical/major audit findings, dispute resolution and process improvements.
- Champion implementation of engineering standards and process improvement initiatives from WREF service towers into site delivery teams.
- The GSK Responsible Person for external license to support the statutory Duty Holders in WREF.
- Ensure compliance to Quality and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements and ensure that the Engineering activity is a safe place to work and 'inspection ready' at all times.
- Manage "ad-hoc" business projects as required by WREF Site Operations Director.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before EOD 31st October to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Proven record of management of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility, including a GxP environment
- Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts
- Experience in Lean Sigma/OE/ADP techniques
- Thorough understanding of statutory legislation responsibilities in a technically complex environment
- Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance
- Financially literate, analyse budget performance for WREF/CBS cost centres, Capex and P&L
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Minimum Level of Education: The job holder should be qualified to degree level and be able to demonstrate extensive competence in the operational engineering field. Chartered Engineer status in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred level of education.
- See above
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.