Sanctions Compliance Manager - Flexible working available
2 days left
- Contract Type
GSK is legally obliged to comply with all frequently changing trade compliance rules and regulations globally to ensure continued supply of all products around the world.
Trade Compliance is GSK’s response to ensure compliance with all customs and trade regulations globally and minimize risk associated with non-compliance e.g. fines, penalties, disruption to supply chain, reputational damage and potential imprisonment.
This role will be part of the Sanctions Centre of Excellence and will be responsible for investigating sanctions concerns identified as part of GSK sanctions screening processes, provide key advice to GSK’s businesses and drive sanctions compliance initiatives across GSK’s markets.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following
- You will support the organization’s global sanctions compliance strategy providing interpretation and oversight of sanctions policies and procedures, with clearly aligned objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- You will help to identify, define & deploy key projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of sanctions compliance through service delivery;
- You will support the Global Sanctions Compliance Lead in the drafting, consultation, approval and continuous development of the Global Sanctions Policy and related written standards;
- You will support the Global Sanctions Compliance Lead in defining a global sanctions training strategy, designing of enterprise wide e-learning and delivery of targeted sanctions training as required;
- You will work with relevant stakeholders across the organization to oversee consistent and effective application and implementation of GSK sanctions controls;
- You will review and support key stakeholders in the identification and management of possible sanctions beaches, and escalate these following internal protocols;
- You will support the review of Third Parties sanctions risk approvals during on-boarding and as part of on-going sanctions screening;
- You will manage the enterprise wide annual sanctions risk assessment and sanctions management monitoring, including data gathering across the organization, analysis and reporting of outputs to business units and the Global Sanctions Compliance Lead;
- You will support the review of GSK’s Sanctions key risk indicators (KRIs) to identify trends, emerging risks and themes requiring to be addressed;
- You will effectively work with the Global Sanctions Compliance Lead and Legal to monitor upstream risks and changes to the international sanctions landscape, and assist in assessing any impact to GSK business;
- You will support effective governance and help to ensure that, processes and measures are delivered in accordance to regulations and business need;
- You will be delivering consistent and effective communication with Legal and key stakeholders (internal and external to the organisation) on sanctions risks and issues;
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Certificate in Managing Sanctions Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, Financial Crime (International Compliance Association, ACAMS or equivalent) will be a strong advantage
- Experience in sanctions risk management
- Fluency in English (C1)
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and interpretation of sanctions risks
- Working knowledge of sanctions compliance and experience in managing enterprise sanctions risk assessment(s)
- Working experience in sanctions risk management
- Strong knowledge of sanctions regulations, in particular UN/EU/UK/OFAC sanctions laws and requirements
- Previous exposure to automated sanctions screening solutions and risks mitigations is preferable
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
- At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
- With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
- Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.