Consultant Company Secretary - open to flexible working and a mix of office and home working
Bridgehouse is a small and dynamic London-based Company Secretarial Firm and we are currently looking for two experienced company secretaries/governance professionals to join our fast-growing team.
Our aim is to service our clients brilliantly, while creating a flexible and friendly work environment that lets dynamic people thrive.
As this is a technically complex role, we’ll need the applicants to be either part- or fully-qualified, persuasive in the board room and dynamic and flexible with clients and within the team.
This position is full-time (7 hours per day typically 9am-5pm) with flexible hours (8am-4pm, 7am-3pm or 10am-6pm) or compressed to 4 days per week and will be based at home and in our offices in London, but the person should be willing to travel to meet clients as and when required.
Just as the role is flexible, so are we as an employer. That’s why although we are ideally looking for people with a minimum of five years post qualification experience, a proven track record in the professional services environment, a great attitude and someone happy to show initiative is just as important.
We will provide full support to make sure you learn and progress alongside service delivery.
You will be responsible for delivering a wide range of company secretarial and governance services to a portfolio of companies. This ranges from reviewing governance documentation, updating articles of association, supporting board and committee meetings, providing compliance support and advice to board members and executive directors.
Both positions are full-time, with a six-month probationary period, and are ideally suited to people who enjoy job variety and the diversity of working across multiple sectors. Character, a great attitude, the willingness to learn and being able to personify our RAISE values are all extremely important to us.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive varied experience (min. five years) ideally obtained in a professional services firm
- A qualified member of CGIUKI: The Governance Institute
- Confident in dealing with senior people in organisations, very personable, with a positive attitude
- Confident in giving presentations to a small audience
- Have a genuine passion and understanding of the services offered by Bridgehouse
- Well organised and detail orientated Excellent writing and minute taking skills
- Experienced in company secretarial transactional work (D)
- Committed to improving customer services and customer care
- Proactive, efficient, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Positive ‘can do’ person with an ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Flexible and enjoyment of dealing with a variety of client/consultants
- Able to work independently and a good all-rounder
- Enjoy being based at home and in our offices in London, willing to travel to meet clients as and when require
- We want people that have experience in any of the following sectors:
- Financial services
- Not for Profit
- Private companies (including listed entities)
A little about us
Established in 2005, this is an exciting time for Bridgehouse as our brand continues to grow, and we pride ourselves on the close relationships we build with our clients.
Bridgehouse offers company secretarial and governance support to organisations in the private and not for profit sectors. We work with Directors, Chief Executives and Board Chairs to improve governance within their organisations and ensure compliance with legislation and internal rules.
Working with us at Bridgehouse, you will receive many benefits that you wouldn’t normally expect! Our Team loves working with us because:
- We are very flexible and relaxed about working hours - not rigid like some of the large firms!
- Full time for us is 35 hours per week
- We actively support a healthy work/life balance and home-working
- Yearly bonus payment scheme
- Variety of workload
- Private healthcare insurance
- Pro-active approach to learning and development
- A range of CSR activities to get involved in
If you are a confident self-starter looking for a new challenge, we hope to hear from you soon.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter
Apply for Consultant Company Secretary - open to flexible working and a mix of office and home working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly