Corporate Tax Manager - Full/Part time working considered
4 days left
- Contract Type
Corporate Tax Manager - Full/Part time working considered
Our corporate tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
As a corporate tax professional working from EY’s Bristol office you’ll provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work. You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help our clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. The varied work encompasses issues that include CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax means ultimately this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with EY.
As a manager you will also play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers. Many of the team work flexibly and are actively encouraged to find a working pattern that gives them the work life balance that works for them and our clients. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage the successful delivery of corporate tax services ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Manage full tax services to a client portfolio
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional client service. A key expectation will be well project managed service with high quality deliverables that demonstrates that value has been provided to the client
- Build relationships within the firm to support the identification of opportunities and provide deep specialist assistance to clients
- A significant contribution to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting / building relationships in the business community to win projects on new clients.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to more junior of team to support them on client work and through personal development
Skill and attributes for success
- Experience of advising on both compliance and advisory work, experience of issues including CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax issues
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR etc)
- Proven track record for business development on existing clients and ‘cold’ targets
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality delivery
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and consult appropriately within the firm
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Experience of managing and coaching others
What we look for
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly and build effective relationships at all levels
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.