Lloyds Banking Group
Halifax based (1-2 days per week in the office and rest from home, please only apply if able to work in the Halifax location)
Salary & Benefits: £70,784 to £88,480 per annum (depending on experience), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Bank are on a mission to help Britain Prosper, and we need your help in achieving our goals. We are revolutionising our technology, empowering our engineers and rapidly transforming our agile working methods. Come. Join us. Be part of building the Bank of the Future!
Where does the role sit and what will I develop?
As a Lead Engineer, you'd be part of our Group Transformation team, working the Mortgages Value Stream.
You will play a key role working collaboratively with other lab roles to create empowered Teams who are motivated to take on business problems and realise value to customers through excellence in execution.
You will help build new services offered by the Mortgages Value Stream. Additionally you will be responsible for stakeholder management, coaching and people development.
What would I focus on as an Engineering Lead?
The Mortgage Intermediaries and Partnerships Lab is going through significant period of growth, expanding by c40% in 2022, including 5 new Agile feature teams. This role is for suited to someone that can provide technical leadership and provide consultancy across many teams and initiatives and is as comfortable setting technical direction as they are dropping into teams to help resolve defects.
You will be pivotal in building brand new customer journeys on cloud technology and modern frameworks/patterns alongside large and sophisticated monolith eco-systems including externally hosted applications.
This role will involve supporting long term vision and coordinating Engineering activity for customer journeys across Mortgages labs to demonstrate value and to nurture high quality technical delivery.
You will develop technical strategies to transform and modernise our lab whilst supporting and managing key stakeholders within the business as well as coaching and development of team members.
You will act as a point of escalation for engineers within the lab and will be able confident building a strong network of contacts across the group.
What do we need to see from applicants?
We like people who come from diverse backgrounds that can bring new and challenging ways of thinking to the team. As a minimum to be considered we'll need to see evidence of the following in your CV's;
Strong engineering background with mastery in a Fullstack JS Environment including demonstrable skills in node.js and react.
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in end to end delivery of software products
- Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence, and experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Strong software development background essential, along with knowledge of modern software development toolsets including Cloud hosting, Web App development, API's, DevOps Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Coaching and Development / Team Leadership experience.
There are also desirable skills which would be advantageous if you had them, but please apply if you don't!
- Familiarity of legacy platforms (e.g. DB, CICS, COBOL)
- Experience in solution design and architecture.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud and Kubernetes
- Understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks, along with techniques to analyse and improve them
- Knowledge of .Net Core and C# for back end microservices.
What will you get in return?
On top of our excellent salary & benefits packages, a role within our team will provide the chance to work flexibly, develop personally and professionally and work collaboratively with an ambitious team to build our business and bring to life the Group vision of being the Best Bank for Customers.