Director - ESG and Corporate Finance Reporting - Flexible working options
Director - ESG and Corporate Finance Reporting
Part of the External Reporting and Specialist Accounting team, this role will be responsible for the provision of technical accounting and ESG reporting within Corporate Finance.
- To research and provide technical accounting and disclosure advice on complex technical matters that will impact the Corporate Head Office companies
- Liaise with and provide accounting advice to the ESG in-house teams with a focus on environmental reporting and the impact of the TCFD framework
- Subject matter expert in the ESG financial reporting frameworks, researching proposals and considering the impact on our external financial reporting, includes representing GSK externally
- Ensuring our ESG reporting in the Annual Report and Accounts comply with the appropriate regulatory bodies
- Finance Director for the UK and US Corporate companies
- Support the Poznan share service center on non-standard transactions for the Head Office companies, including the UK and US service companies
- Provide accounting support for business change and restructuring projects
- Review the quarterly ultimate parent entity only accounts for submission to the Board
- Review the quarterly pension accounting and reporting process with the Company actuary and the auditors for all countries
- Provision of adhoc support during the quarterly and annual financial reporting process
- Delivery of adhoc projects for the External Reporting and Specialist Accounting Team
- Qualified accountant, ideally with “Big 4” background
- Technical accounting and external financial reporting
- To have sufficient experience of technical accounting issues for the role, leading cross matrix teams
- 5-10 years PQE in a technically focused environment
- Experience of working with a shared service/ hub environment and of working with professionals from other disciplines would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-moving environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to connect with and influence business stakeholders at all levels.
- Full knowledge to successfully utilise Microsoft tools
- GSK Values and Expectations
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
For further information and how to submit your application please click 'Apply'.