Senior Consultant, Data and Analytics, Financial Services, Bristol - Flexible working options
The EY Financial Services Data and Analytics (DnA) team is continuing to grow and develop unique advisory propositions aligned to market needs and demand. We are currently looking for exceptional Senior Consultants with good experience in Data and Analytics solution design and implementation to join our team and drive continued growth and success on a global scale. Joining EY’s DnA team in this exciting period of growth will offer a huge variety of opportunity to make a tangible impact to our clients businesses and to your career.
The Data and Analytics practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems by exploiting data and analytics strategies and solutions. We provide expertise and delivery in three core areas which all work closely together:
- Data Architecture & Engineering – Focusing on next generation data solution architecture design and implementation
- Data Management & Strategy – Supporting our clients with Data Strategy, Data Governance Data and Analytics Target Operating Model Design and wider Data Office and CDO support functions
Your key responsibilities
- Work as part of a delivery team on complex FS programmes with roles likely to include techno-functional analysis, data strategy, data analysis, solution design, and end to end implementation management.
- Support development of new EY data solutions and methods that will improve effectiveness and reduce costs of current practices.
- Support RFP responses as well as thought leadership that we issue to the market.
- Work to ensure internal risk and admin processes are adhered to
Skills and attributes for success
- Previous FS experience in one of: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth and Asset Management
- Good knowledge in at least one of our core capabilities of:
- Data Architecture & Data Engineering
- Data Management & Strategy
- Solution architecture (Business, Functional, Technical)
- Understanding of technology trends and implications on the FS industry, including digital drivers, cloud architecture & providers, integration tools & approaches, and artificial intelligence methods & techniques
- Knowledge of the common functions in a typical Data organisation
- Passion for the delivery of data technology solutions that deliver positive outcomes for customers, regulators and shareholders
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is usually preferred, however we would be open to outstanding candidates who may have followed an alternative academic path.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstratable interest and awareness in emerging technologies
- Relevant, significant post-education work experience in solving business and analytical problems using quantitative approaches, data analysis techniques for high volume data computation and processing, and SQL in the financial services industry or similar
- Ideally some hands-on coding experience with SQL, Python or Scala
- Previous consulting experience.
What we look for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Data and Analytics and want to assist clients to become truly data driven organisations. If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organisation, understand how to grow and lead in a large practice and work in the most complex of sectors our Data and Analytics team is looking forward to hearing from you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information and how to submit your application please click 'Apply'.