Key Account Manager - London - Flexible working options
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Here at Diageo, we need a commercially minded Key Account Manager to join our On Trade channel. This individual will work with category leading brands Smirnoff, Guinness and Tanqueray (to name only a few!) as well as our exciting innovation brands such as Smirnoff Draught Cocktails and Gordons Pink Gin!
You are responsible for the most important element of our business; making sure our customer, category and brand plans are completed thoughtfully in outlet. You will make sure that wherever we connect with a customer or a consumer; they will enjoy working with or drinking our brands.
What are your responsibilities as Key Account Manager On Trade?
The role of the KAM is to own and lead the commercial agenda for the biggest customers in your region along with Diageo performance. Leading circa 10 large scale contractual agreements your primary objective is to deliver a strong return on investment, distribution and secure pouring agreements for the full Diageo portfolio. Maintaining and Growing our Market Share is at the forefront of what you do. As the region lead the Key Account Manager is responsible for coordinating extraordinary activation and execution to be delivered by contract and supported by the Activation Specialist for your region. The Key Account Manager will play a leadership role within the team and set a strong example to the wider team.
It’s your responsible that all the outlets in your account base are perfectly implemented versus our predefined outlet execution standards.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Leading the commercial performance of the account via rigorous commercial management; unlocking growth and maximising sustainable profit delivery
- Relentlessly seeking opportunities to drive our performance forward through activation and sell out initiatives
- Leading the stability of the back office management and constantly looking for ways to improve this
- Strong ownership of the day-to-day customer relationship through effective negotiation, persuasion and conflict management/resolution skills
- Crafts the conditions for an amazing relationship with the customer through great cross-functional behaviours and ways of working
- Ensures that all customer data and information required to support the customer relationship is rigorously and robustly handled
- Thorough orchestration of all aspects of programme activation with rigorous attention to detail
- Ability and confidence to make the necessary informed recommendations to course correct when required to ensure activities are successfully delivered
- Build Strong relationships with key RTMs
- Operate as a leader within the sales organisation & an ambassador for the channel and our brands demonstrating passion, energy & tenacity
- Delivering annual financial & market share objectives in full
- Development and implementation of a collaborative Joint Business Plan (where applicable) – with focus on 100% implementation to maximise the return on investment to deliver the required brand and profit targets
- Successful activation of commercial & brand building growth drivers based on analysis and core insight into customer strategy and consumer behaviours
- Acting as a leader within the wider Sales team; sharing standard process and helping to embed a culture of coaching and development that improves our commercial capability standards.
- Exceptional results for the customer and Diageo through a sustained commitment to priority outcomes delivered through effective cross-functional ways of working with multiple resources who all implement their specific role in building and supporting a great customer relationship
- We are the supplier of choice within the customer base as we deliver brilliant customer service at every touch point and are known for our agility
- The customer has deep trust in Diageo as a result of our clear trading terms and our collaborative and efficient approach to query resolution
These are the qualities/previous experience we are looking for to ensure you will be set up for success as an Key Account Manager within the On Trade:
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to derive insight from data
- Robust and Rapid commercial understanding, P&L literacy - highly developed numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with senior team members and deliver change through different levels
- Team player, focussed on total company delivery
- On Trade experience in a sales role.
- Relationships – Has the ability to build strong relationships with customers and route to markets.
- Commercial Foresight – can manage ROI, forecasting and investment decisions.
- Knowledge of the region, the trade and the RTM.
- Target Driven – Will to win! You have the drive, appetite and ambition to excel within an ambitious target driven environment.
- Organised – can handle a host of priorities.
- Agile – must be comfortable adapting and flexing workloads to accommodate business needs.
- A strong and broad track record in Commercial and forecasting with experience of leading strategic planning with customers and P&L accountability.
- In depth understanding of distributors, key customers and competitors: their businesses and their
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive package that includes an annual incentive plan rewarding you for delivering great performance.
- Industry leading sales capability training
- Working for the undisputed leader in the Spirits industry
- Strong benefits package
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.