Senior Risk Manager - IT Change and New Technologies - Flexible working options
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Could you help us make this possible?
Who are we and what we do?
Conduct, Compliance and Operational Risk (CCOR) is a central function which oversees the activities of the bank. We're independent of the business areas we oversee, and we work with them to
Advise on ways to improve how we keep the bank safe, delight our customers and Help Britain Prosper. We work closely as a collaborative team, drawing on our relationships with all areas of the Bank and analysing data to help our teams and businesses improve.
We value being a diverse group of people, from many different backgrounds, and celebrate our differences. We also share a common vision to offer new insight, support, and challenge to senior management.
It's no surprise then that we're looking for people who are up for challenge, have a passion for improving the business and themselves, love learning and are flexible. We will value your experience, whether you gained it in a risk role, a technology role or both! In return, we'll provide excellent development opportunities, and you'll be empowered to try new ways of working in a diverse growing team, providing valuable insight on lots of interesting tech topics.
Does this sound like your kind of place?
Specific activities you'll be involved in:
- Attendance at senior risk committees, providing 'in the moment' feedback and challenge on risk approach and treatment.
- Leading specific pieces of risk oversight, and writing insightful exec level reports summarising your opinion of how key functions are handling risk.
- Helping the team to plan their work to ensure delivery of risk insight across the breadth of technology change risk.
- Horizon scanning and using external industry knowledge to identify emerging risk themes.
- Collaborating with colleagues in other CCOR teams, including Cyber, Sourcing and Operational Resilience.
- May lead a team of risk professionals and deputise for senior colleagues, including formal and informal coaching and mentoring.
The vacancy has come about due to the expansion of the team.
Ideally, we'd want you to be someone who:
- Is comfortable operating in complex environments, and has experience of establishing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships.
- Is able to obtain and use multiple sources of information to form an opinion, and is comfortable sharing your insight with senior stakeholders.
- Produces high quality written work, and can express your opinions clearly and succinctly.
- Has a collaborative management style, and empowers team members to deliver their best through coaching and developing their capabilities.
- Uses great communication and influencing skills to effectively convey your opinions at all levels within the bank.
- Has a passion to develop your skills, accept new challenges and work flexibly. Deepening your understanding of technology innovation as it emerges and evolves.
- Sees technology through a business context, and can describe the role technology plays in the delivery of business strategy.
- Has subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: technology architecture, technology, technology risk or technology change.
We welcome applicants who currently have, or are seeking a flexible working pattern.
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Flexible working
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
For further information and how to submit your application please click 'Apply'.