Document Production Specialist, 2 days per week - Thursday and Friday
5 days left
- Contract Type
HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 500 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients.
Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
To provide the firm with a seamless, professional, accurate and efficient document production service.
- Document production:
- Transcribe digital dictation;
- Produce and amend correspondence, documents, reports, attachments, etc. from a variety of sources, in house style and in line with the firm's specific systems/procedures;
- Produce and amend PowerPoint presentations, organisational charts, mail merges, Excel spreadsheets and graphs;
- Advise on document layout and reformatting options;
- Maintain the firm's precedent bank to ensure that all documents are maintained in the firm's house style and are consistently updated upon instruction from the legal departments;
- Use systems effectively to prioritise and complete incoming work;
- Proof read and check documents to ensure that they are correct, in line with house style and, where applicable, attachments have been highlighted to Personal Assistants;
- Keep service users updated on the progress of their work;
- Ensure that work is completed within the required timescales;
- Support and help other team members by sharing system knowledge and ensuring own and others' skills are developed;
- Assist fellow Document Production Specialists with workload as required.
- Liaise with lawyers, Team Leaders, Personal Assistants and business services staff (eg. Marketing, Knowledge Management) as appropriate in relation to document production;
- Regularly check workloads within the groups and assist/reprioritise wherever possible to avoid backlogs of work;
- Pick up and manage telephone calls;
- Participate in a lunch time production and telephone rota within the team;
- Work effectively with the other legal and business services departments as required;
- Participate in regular scheduled training sessions to maintain optimum systems knowledge.
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Key Skills & Experience Required
The Document Production Specialist has responsibility to ensure that his/her skill set is up-to-date, and that he/she is familiar with the firm's groups, departments, key personnel, clients, internal systems and procedures.
- Two years' previous experience in a law firm.
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, research tools and other systems implemented by the firm.
- Ability to strip document formatting and reformat in house style.
- Ability to repair problem documents either on own or with support from the IT Department.
- Excellent customer service skills, dealing with people and tasks in a professional, polite and considerate manner.
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to build confidence, respect and trust with others quickly.
- Flexible with regard to service to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the application method below
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website (www.hfw.com/Privacy-Notice), in the section "What we collect and how we use it".
Apply for Document Production Specialist, 2 days per week - Thursday and Friday
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly