Outsourcing Assistant Manager / Management Accountant, Open to flexible working
Outsourcing Assistant Manager / Management Accountant (full and flexible working patterns considered)
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It’s our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In the outsourcing team, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You’ll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. You’ll help your clients to meet their compliance obligations, making sure they have the right strategy and systems in place to drive business growth. You’ll work as part of a team, to manage your own portfolio and provide a high level of support to the managers within the team to deliver outsourced accounting services to client expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the month end process including the preparation of monthly management accounts (preparing bank reconciliations, identifying and posting accruals and prepayments, reconciling control account balances and posting journals)
- Day to day running of client's accounts including dealing with escalated queries or queries received direct including more complex technical issues
- Managing the year end process. Preparation and/or review of annual accounts for partnerships and sole traders of various sizes. Preparation and/or review of limited company statutory financial statements (including cash flow statements) to final stage under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Dealing with queries from external auditors
- Reviewing quarterly VAT returns (including partial exemption calculations), EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns. Picking up on technical issues and liaise with senior GCOS colleagues and VAT specialist team to resolve technical queries
- Supervising junior team members and reviewing their work such as supplier payments, postings and files prepared
- Supporting managers on client delivery and other ad hoc projects
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA etc.) who has demonstrable experience in management accounts and managing a portfolio of clients. Ideally someone with a professional service background but this can be flexible with the right experience.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.